MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my MP40 thanksgiving weekend at a gun show. It was a hard decision between the glock, XD, s&w Sigma, or the MP. The Sigma's were going for $300 without the rebate. But I decided with the MP40. I took it home and gave it a good cleaning and wipe down. I went to the gun range 2 weeks ago and shot 100 WWB FMJ and 50 Rangers. It shot flawlessly with no FTF or FTD. I came home and gave it cleaning with Hoppes #9 for the barrel, and rem oil for everything else. I can't wait to go shoot it again. I also sent off for the rebate and the 2 free mags.



I just realized that bullets are expensive! This is my first handgun. I am thinking of getting a Ruger .22 so I can practice shooting a little cheaper.



Anyway, great site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Welcome to the site. I like you own a M&P .40 and love it. enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I bought a Ruger Mk III Hunter and my son bought a Buckmark Target THX about a year ago and they are both great shooters. Real tack drivers! Then I bought a Ruger K10/22T rifle and gave my son my old Savage 22 auto rifle to shoot.



A couple of months ago a fella at the range let us try his Beretta Storm Cx4 Carbine and I had to have one! I bought one in .40 that week.



Now I needed a pistol to go along with the Cx4. Yesterday I bought an M&P 40 to shoot at the fun shoots. All the big boys were making fun of my little plinker.



This gun stuff can get pretty addicting! :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Welcome from an hour north of you
where do you shoot??
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,618 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wussup

101Combat Vet said:
Welcome from an hour north of you
where do you shoot??


I usually shoot at American Markson Indoor Range off Medlock Bridge and In think the is 141? It has decent prices. $15 bucks for a stall and you can shoot all day. I usually bring my own bullets but I try to buy at least one box to help the establishment. How about you? Where do you shoot act? I want to find an outdoor one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Re: wussup

yunggunz said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']Welcome from an hour north of you
where do you shoot??


I usually shoot at American Markson Indoor Range off Medlock Bridge and In think the is 141? It has decent prices. $15 bucks for a stall and you can shoot all day. I usually bring my own bullets but I try to buy at least one box to help the establishment. How about you? Where do you shoot act? I want to find an outdoor one.[/quote]

I have never shot outdoors here but up here at camp we can use the outdoors range as long as there are no students in the mountains. Other than that I shoot at bulls-eye in Cumming off of ext 13. I am always looking for new places to shoot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
range update

I went to the range 2 days ago and put 100 WWB and 100 Blazer Brass. I had no FTF, FTD, etc.. It performed flawlessly. I even got better at grouping my shots tighter. The trigger is breaking in a little bit, it is just a little smoother. Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Now I am looking for a .22 pistol, Ruger, to practice shooting since .40 cal bullets are so expensive.



I really don't like indoor shooting ranges. I think it is a hazard to your health breathing in all that spent gun powder. Also, when it is packed, I think it is an accident waiting to happen. I wish I had an outdoor gun range that was close by.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
Re: range update

yunggunz said:
I really don't like indoor shooting ranges. I think it is a hazard to your health breathing in all that spent gun powder. Also, when it is packed, I think it is an accident waiting to happen. I wish I had an outdoor gun range that was close by.


I don't care for shooting indoors either. I have Asthma and all it takes is about 10 minutes in the local indoor range to have me wheezing!
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top