MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New here, don't have an M&P yet, but it will be my next purchase. The only reason I don't have one already is because in CA, one has to wait 30 days in between handgun purchases. I just bought a SW1911, so I have to wait a few more weeks.

I haven't narrowed down the caliber yet for the M&P. I am hoping to get some input here on the forums in that regard - specifically for IDPA SSP & ESP classes.

Anyway, look forward to interacting on the BBS. I've been lurking around here as a guest for a couple of weeks and figured it was time to get more involved.

Thanks for having this great resource available!

Semper fi,

M47 Dragon

USMC '91 - '94

SW1911

SW9VE

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Welcome!! You will want to go with the 9mm. It is softer shootin', cheaper by far, and what most others are shootin' in those classes. JMHO

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I wont hold the Marine Corp against you

Welcome to the site and shooting both the .40 and 9mm I would hae to say get both :wink: :wink: :wink: you cannot go wrong with either of them enjoy the site-Jason

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome Aboard from another Californian.... 8)

I recently shot my very first IDPA match and I shot it with my new M&P9. The gun performed flawlessly. I couldn't be happier with it. As a previous poster mentioned, the 9 shoots very soft (quick sight picture recovery) and is the least expensive of any of the calibers to shoot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts