MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -- I got my M&P 9mm compact last Saturday, and I just found this board. I was first looking at a Glock, but then decided on either the Springfield XD or the S&W M&P -- I was able to shoot both rentals (my friend works at the gun shop), and it wasn't even a competition. The M&P feels better in my hand, which allows me to come back on target much more quickly after a shot is fired. The trigger also felt better, and I like the interchagable grips. Anyway, I wasn't very happy with my gun's trigger at first, but I figured I would put a couple hundred rounds through the gun before I pass judgement. I'm now at 300 rounds, and the gun feels incredible. I'm sure it will feel even better after 500. I may take the gun down and do a little work on the trigger to make it smoother (not lighter, the gun was purchased to carry), but it may not even be worth it. I'm getting used to how the trigger feels, and I'm even starting to like it. Here's a picture of my gun (I haven't gotten the two 12 rd mags that I sent in for with the rebate yet) and my Speer Gold Dot carry rounds.

Here are a few targets from yesterday (the last hundred or so rounds that I put through the gun). On both, the distance between each oval is 2 inches, and I was shooting somewhere between 10 and 15 yards -- the (indoor) range didnt have markers to show distance, so I just put mine about where everyone else's was.

The first target was shot slowly -- I don't know what the term is for "target" shooting (sharp-shooting?), but I was trying to see how accurate I could be with each shot. The pattern has improved tremendously since I got the gun, and it hasn't seemed to stop improving. I can't wait to put even more rounds through the gun. The few outliers are most likely the first shot from each new mag. I don't know why, but those always seem to be a bit off. It's probably operator error lol :oops:

The second target was done slightly more rapidly -- less than a second between shots. Basically, I fired, and as soon as I could bring the gun back on target I fired again. One 10rd clip would take about 9 seconds to empty. I think that the ability to come back to the target so quickly is my favorite attribute of the M&P. Here's a picture of a few clips shot in that manner.

Anyway -- just wanted to say hey to everyone. I'm really happy with the gun. It's just a little on the larger side for a carry since it gets to be pretty hot and humid here, but I'm sure I'll figure that out. I just feel much more comfortable with one at my shop in N. Chas, as well as to carry with me into gas stations and stuff during road trips.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome from northern GA enjoy

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Welcome, fellow South Carolinian! 8)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Bryson,

I live right off Rivers Ave./Eagle Landing Blvd. If you ever want a shooting partner feel free to shoot me a PM, or e-mail. Always looking for folks, especially fellow M&P owners, to go shoot with! Coming home from Germany tomorrow evening/Sat morning. Oh, and welcome!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts