MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought my first firearm, but have been researching the topic for about three years. I bought it in April well into the pandemic, and basically wanted something for home defense that my wife and I could both access easily if the occasion arose. Hopefully, I never need to use it, but at least I now have some peace of mind. I wanted semi-auto and 9 mm, and a longer sight radius, as I don't plan to carry, at least for a long time, until I get good with the pistol. Originally, I thought I was going to get the P320 Sig, but after reading that its bore axis was higher, I opted for the S & W. I also considered HK, but not Glock. I don't like the Glock grip angle. I decided upon a 5" Performance Center M & P9 M2.0 CORE, non-ported. I have added a green Crimson Trace LG-362-G for basic close quarters home defense, and for fun and longer range, I have added a Holosun HS507c-V2 in red. Currently, I have them sighted in together at 12.5 yards, to where the green dot sits in the middle of the 32 MOA ring of the MRDS. When at the range, I am trying both systems, but not usually together, though it is neat to have the green dot in the center of the 32 ring. I set up a Hy-Skore Parallax sighting rest and used a bore bullet laser to "zero" my green dot laser and Single Reflex optic. I may change to a longer distance on the Red Dot to try to shoot farther out to about 20 or 25 yards, but I need to get more familiar with the gun and shooting it first. The gun is kept in a Vaultek non-biometric VT-20 Bluetooth enabled safe. I have a total of five factory 17 round mags, and about 500 rounds of mixed FMJ and JHP ammo. The gun feels very "soft" to shoot and is fairly easy to keep on target, even with me being new to both sight picture in general and Red Dots in particular. Trigger is pretty gritty I think, and I am wondering what an Apex Tactical flat trigger would feel like, and down the road, maybe an Apex semi-drop in threaded barrel, in case I want to add a mini-compensator.
IMG_1384 (Large).JPG IMG_1385 (Large).JPG IMG_1392 (Large).JPG IMG_1394 (Large).JPG IMG_1402 (Large).JPG IMG_1404 (Large).JPG IMG_1407 (Large).JPG

·
Site Staff
9,583 Posts
Welcome!

I'm curious, what kind of pistol rest is in the photos?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts