MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just purchased a used mp shield and that is the first pistol I have ever owned. Learning quite a bit about it from this site. I plan and going to the range soon a firing 100+ rounds. thought it and go to a CC course soon after

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Training is always a very good thing, for CC, even better.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without giving away two much ....I live about 49 miles east of Chicago

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think you meant west...

Anyway - welcome.

I lived in Mt. Prospect, IL, for 20 years before heading back to my home state of WI.

I used to shoot at the Aurora Community Center back in the day. They had a huge range in the basement. No more. Now just storage.

Unfortunately, exercising your 2nd Amendment rights (like Concealed Carry) in IL is a headache and expensive. FOID card and invasive background checks with medical records searches and all.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you meant west...

Anyway - welcome.

I lived in Mt. Prospect, IL, for 20 years before heading back to my home state of WI.

I used to shoot at the Aurora Community Center back in the day. They had a huge range in the basement. No more. Now just storage.

Unfortunately, exercising your 2nd Amendment rights (like Concealed Carry) in IL is a headache and expensive. FOID card and invasive background checks with medical records searches and all.
Yep west. Heh.. I moved here about 21 years ago. I never knew about that place. Jumped thought the Foid card hoop 15 years ago. Was wanting to do the CC for awhile and now seem like a good time

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think he’s talking about the invasive rights to getting ccl in Illinois and how it changes your gun buying after you get one. They do a more thorough search that allows them to constantly check up on you whenever you buy a gun after getting a ccl.
Anyway welcome fellow illinoisian

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think he’s talking about the invasive rights to getting ccl in Illinois and how it changes your gun buying after you get one. They do a more thorough search that allows them to constantly check up on you whenever you buy a gun after getting a ccl.
Anyway welcome fellow illinoisian
Thanks. Are you talking about Red Flag Laws? ….Yep spooky all right.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks. Are you talking about Red Flag Laws? ….Yep spooky all right.
There are plenty of issues with getting a permit to carry in IL. Others may be able to give more detail, but as I understand it you will need to give access to all your medical records and agree to having a background check run on a regular basis.

There are a lot more restrictions as well -

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee. I moved from Champaign, Illinois 22 years ago because of work. Now that I’m retired I was stoked I would get to move back in a couple of years when the wife retired. But now she says she doesn’t know if she can handle the weather. I know it sounds crazy….but its home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts