MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched a torture test of an M&P on Guns and Ammo tv (Outdoor Channel). They took an M&P and put it in a cement mixer for 2 1/2 minutes with a shovel full of granite rocks. Then they added a shovel full of gravel and mixed for another 2 1/2 minutes (5 minutes total). Loaded the magazine with 5 rounds of JHP. They commented that they could feel the grit in the slide when they cycled it. They could also feel grit in the magazine when they loaded the magazine.

The M&P fired all five rounds without a malfunction. The slide locked back normally when the mag was empty. Gun looked pretty beat up on the outside, but functioned normally. They wiped the front part of the slide after the test firing and it showed some nicks, but not too bad considering the granite rocks that were beating on it for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also - the empty mag was in the gun for the ride in the cement mixer. No mag drop and the mag stayed put through the test firing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That melonite finish must really be all that they say it is, if after all that it only had a few nicks in it!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
G&A Torture Tests have been discussed before on this Forum....and my opinion of that segment is that those two guys are looneytoons and need to get a life. If a show like G&A wants to be a quality gun show, then get rid of the cartoon segment...and those two clowns. The only way the cement mixer test would be valid is if they filled the drum with Glocks, Kimbers, Springfields, and any other gun you would like to test and then fire them all. Those two dummies didn't even know how to reset the trigger after the first shot.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
It was an impressive demonstration though!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
at least i know if i drop my gun in a cement barrel i can still shot at the circus clowns attacking me.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
czydj said:
[quote name='coltman1985']That is good news for anyone that carries thier M&P while working on a concrete job!!

[/quote]

Now that's funny...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Arizona Smithshooter said:
G&A Torture Tests have been discussed before on this Forum....and my opinion of that segment is that those two guys are looneytoons and need to get a life. If a show like G&A wants to be a quality gun show, then get rid of the cartoon segment...and those two clowns. The only way the cement mixer test would be valid is if they filled the drum with Glocks, Kimbers, Springfields, and any other gun you would like to test and then fire them all. Those two dummies didn't even know how to reset the trigger after the first shot.

I too found it extremely funny that they couldn't figure out how the "safety trigger" functioned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Arizona Smithshooter said:

It is simply not possible for me to agree with you more.

If they really want to do something, and they are going to ruin a pistol anyway...why not actually see if it withstands a quantity test (10,000 rounds downrange) and other similar tests that the Glock was put through.

What do I care if an XD can survive being put on a hot grill for 15 minutes? I do care if it will still shoot after 20,000 rounds.

Maybe time and budget restrictions prevent them from purchasing that much ammo and completing these type of tests. I don't know...but the ones they air now are simply ridiculous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts