MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the newbie forum and figured I should leave my mark. I bought my first gun, an M&P 9mm, back in early May. So far I love it and it has shot very well for me. I just started shooting this year and have managed to make it to a few IDPA matches around town. I shot a classifier a few weeks ago and scored as an MM. Now I just need to find more time to practice.

The only issue I've had with the gun so far was a malfunction during my first shoot with it. We think it was actually a problem with the round and not the gun itself. It seems that the round was damaged during manufacturing and we didn't notice while loading because we were in a hurry to reload. At the time I didn't have enough mags to get through a classifier. A live round got stuck in the chamber and we had to field strip the gun on the range. It was a little scary for a few minutes but in the end it worked out okay. The round had two very strange dents in the casing that were likely in the round before we ever loaded it into the mag. It's tough to explain so maybe at some point I'll get some pics of it up here. I haven't had any problems with the gun since then and it has shot beautifully. This will be the first of many guns for me I am sure.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
What kind of ammo was it???

Oh yeah welcome to the forum...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you had a jam up. Thank god you had some men/women around you that new how to properly break down your M&P and safely remove the unspent cartridge!!!

I agree with 101combat, we would need to know what ammo you where using in order to determine the culprit!

G56 one of our trusty Moderators knows alot about scarry ammo to watch out for.

So please do post pictures up for us to view.

Again happy your ok, and welcome to MP-Pistol!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
"New Girl with a New Gun"

Now that sounds like a scary combination!!

Welcome from Northern Arizona and I hope you enjoy your M&P as much as I have enjoyed mine.

:twisted:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Site Staff
9,612 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome Aboard and congratulations on your M&P9.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the site; be careful...it is addicting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Glad to have ye'. 8)

My M&P9 is my first gun, too. Soon you'll be checking the forums at all hours, practicing dry fires in between clicking and reading threads, and shopping for new accessories or even your next M&P. That's what's happening to me, anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Chessie724 said:
Glad to have ye'. 8)

My M&P9 is my first gun, too. Soon you'll be checking the forums at all hours, practicing dry fires in between clicking and reading threads, and shopping for new accessories or even your next M&P. That's what's happening to me, anyway. :wink:

Man if that isnt the story of my life. I'll tell you what is sad, when you go and check the board and get that depressing message: No new posts since your last visit.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Now guys, lets not scare her away now.......Lets keep it respectful.

bam-bam said:
[quote name='coltman1985']welcome!! Post some pics!!

Are you looking for pics of her gun or just her?
[/quote]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ammo Answer

Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry it took a few days to get back on here. I'm super busy and don't have a lot of time for fun computer time. But, I'll do my best to get here.

The answer to the ammo question..it was Winchester 9mm Luger that I bought at Walmart...cheapest place. I've been using that ammo consistently and haven't had any other problems with it. I'll get the pic posted as soon as I can. I left the disc at home today with the pic on it.

Pics of me? You boys are all alike. *wink We'll see. Perhaps you'll meet me at a match someday.

I shot my first AR-15 yesterday. And another much larger rifle that I don't know anything about other than I put a hole through a thick steel plate at 400 yards. Big scary black "evil" guns might be fairly cool afterall.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts