MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I am thinking about getting a new MP 45 to go with my MP 9 and MP 40c put I am not sure if I want it or not. I have only had a experence with a Kimber 45 ultra shadow ll and I was not crazy about it at all so that is why I am wondering if I would like to shoot this gun or not. It is not the the round that I am wondering about I like to shoot the 45 in other guns like a buddy of mine i shot his dads 45 and i liked it. I am just not sure that I need to buy it or how it compares to the other guns that I have so if anyone has and experience with the 45, 40 , and 9 please let me know how that compare.....Thanks...........

·
Registered
30 Posts
find a range where you can rent and try it out. I don't think I would ever buy a weapon that I haven't tried out. But I only own one gun so....I dunno.

·
Registered
380 Posts
ballbreaker...

if you like how the 9mm full feels in your hand, and how the .40c shoots, you like the .45... probably love it, actually.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have a M&P45 and a 9c. I enjoy shooting both but probably the 9c a bit more. It's just a ***** cat. But I really love the feeling of having the 45 next to my bed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help think i will get one

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unless you were thinking of getting the M&P45 to round out your M&P collection, I would consider a 1911 from Smith and Wesson, Sig Sauer, Springfield or a Taurus PT 1911. I think my next pistol may well be the Taurus PT 1911. It's got some pretty good reviews and the price is right....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A man that I work with has the Taurus and he loves it but as I said earlier that I had a Kimber and I really can not get into the 1911 for some reason, I wish that I could because they are very good looking guns but as far as shooting I do not do good with them.....

·
Registered
92 Posts
BallBreaker said:
A man that I work with has the Taurus and he loves it but as I said earlier that I had a Kimber and I really can not get into the 1911 for some reason, I wish that I could because they are very good looking guns but as far as shooting I do not do good with them.....
LOL I may end up feeling the same way. I've never fired a 1911, nor any other .45. I'm going to the range this weekend, I may rent the M&P45 and 1911, and see how they feel and perform in my hands.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been shooting .45's for a long time. Very nice caliber. I have a PT1911, an older AMT, an old Colt, a Witness, and 2 M&P's in .45.

I have the most fun with the M&P. No handgun has fit my hand with short fingers as well as the M&P and the recoil is softer than any other gun I have shot in .45.

If you like the feel and trigger of the M&P, I would go with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts