MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have LONG been a reader of mp-pistol and got finally my M&P45 about a month ago. LOVE the gun and this great site!!

I am in middle Ga and looking for a new place to shoot besides the WMA's. I have been going to a friends house since I got this 45 but I am sure his neighbors are getting tired of me breaking up their Sunday naps by popping off 100 plus rounds every Sunday in his back yard. So if any of you are from middle GA and know of a good place to shoot let me know.

Thanks!

Johnie

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
welcome to the site.. whereabouts in ga.??

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome!

I'm also in Middle GA and shoot at the WMAs. I really enjoy shooting at the WMAs but do not like the drives as none of them are exactly close to me.

Occasionally I shoot at Eagle Gun Range in Macon. But for some reason I can not get out of there for less than $30.

There are a couple of private clubs in the area that look pretty good from my preliminary research. (Marrion Rd)

Let me know what you find out as I'm looking for new places also...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Dublin now, grew up in NC and moved here a few years ago.

As for shooting clubs, so far I have only heard of one and they want $150 to give you a safety course then they have to vote on you, if accepted its another $150 fee, I've been to the club before and it was not kept up. I mean it would be a nice place to shoot but so would any place in the woods with some dirt mounds. I'm not paying 300 to shoot in the woods, I could join hunting clubs for that or a little more and have a place to play on the 4wheeler during the off season. Clubs back home for that price are very well maintained and ones in the condition that 'club' is in would only run you 75 to 100 a year. Now don't get me wrong, if it was a nice place $300 (or even more) wouldn't run me away.

I goto MCN and WR all the time (bought the M&P45 from Academy Sports in MCN) but only know a few guys from over that way, Lightning friends of mine, all racers no shooters.

999 if you find anything good let me know and I will do the same for you!

Thanks

Johnie

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
How close are you to Cumming

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
101Combat Vet said:
How close are you to Cumming

LONG way off. I'd guess well over 3 hours from me. When I have to fly for meetings or training it takes between 2 to 2.5hrs to the ATL airport depending on traffic.

If you go south from ATL On I-75 down to Macon and get on I-16 east, I am right at 50 miles east of Macon.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
lxtac said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']How close are you to Cumming

LONG way off. I'd guess well over 3 hours from me. When I have to fly for meetings or training it takes between 2 to 2.5hrs to the ATL airport depending on traffic.

If you go south from ATL On I-75 down to Macon and get on I-16 east, I am right at 50 miles east of Macon.[/quote]

Well if I ever go to benning for something I will look you up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts