MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks...

Name's David. My wife and I just bought a pair of M&P Compacts yesterday (.40SW his / 9mm hers) at a shop in Greenbriar TN. We had originally gone up there with a friend just to see what they had, and a Smith & Wesson factory rep was on-site and they were doing some promotional discounts. It ended up being a fairly expensive visit but I think it was worth it.

I'm no stranger to firearms and have owned countless over the past 15 years or so. My M&P 40C will become my new daily carry sidearm (CCW permit) and is replacing a Springfield XD45 Compact which replaced a Glock 23 which replaced... well you get the idea. I love my XD45C but it's a bit heavier than I really want in a CCW weapon and I really missed my Glock 23. The M&P 40C surprised me with both it's size (between a Glock 23 and Glock 27) and it's features at the price point. The stainless slide coated with Melonite was a huge plus in my book, and carrying 10rds of 40SW really rounds it off.

My wife's carry gun was a Springfield XD9 Sub Compact. She's still waiting on her permit to come in the mail, but she was already expressing concerns over the size and weight of the XD SC. The little M&P 9C really fit her hand a lot better and she was tickled with the size and weight.

Anyway, I also run a couple of forums for folks here in Tennessee. One is for car enthusiasts and the other is a recent start up for firearms owners in our state. It's part political action, part enthusiast. It's called TNGunOwners (dot com) if any of you are also Tennessee residents and care about firearms related issues in our state.

Very glad to be here and looking forward to reading, learning and sharing what knowledge I have along the way where appropriate.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome, Tungsten, from a fellow Tennesseean! I'm from the western end of the state. I'll be checking out your site. Enjoy this one - it's a goodie!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greetings

Welcome. I was there for that promotion as well. Went in to look, left with a new M&P.40. The shop is awesome. I've made nearly all of my firearm purchases there over the past years. I'm new to this forum as well, so from a fellow Nashvillian/Goodlettsvillian, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to a great site 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts