MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to poke my head in and say hi .. I'm new to shooting, been shooting small bore rifles for the past 6 months .. and after trying out some handguns at my local canadian range, decided to go out and get myself a new handgun.

It was a close race between a Glock 17 or the M&P ... But from what I have been reading for the past few days, it seems that those who have handled the M&P say its better then the Glock, while those who haven't handled them say that Glocks are better and that the M&P is just another S/W failure

I decided to cut the hype and paid for it today, but am looking at a 12 day waiting period for the paperwork to go through ..

Anyhow, I hope the pistol preforms as good as I think it will!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Welcome from Northern Arizona

:twisted:

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
G'day. I don't think you will be disappointed. 9mmFS I gather?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Damn there a nice piece of work aren't they... Yea that's the full size job you've got there. Hope all works out for ya in the next 12 days. Had mine now for 4 days and already put 720 down range.

You can do your own trigger job on it if you want. Mr Dan Burwell has a post out there covering step by step info on it..

Hope you have fun with it. 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello from Bama Bob

Just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy reading the helpful comments posted on your site. I recently purchased a fullsize M&P 9mm after joining the IDPA scene and have to say I am well pleased with the pistol.

Prior to purchase, I did a comparison shoot at my local range with a loaner M&P and an H&K 2000 at 25 ft. and absolutely became sold on the M&P. From the groupings I shot, I definitely couldn't justify the price difference (H&K 2000 about $900+).

Also, I am going to try to get into the reloading scene to help defray ammo costs and hope that some of our members can give some thoughts on reloading equipment, etc. Bama Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts