MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
That looks very promising. I may have to pick one up as well. I like the company but never cared for the C-tac or Infidel. This looks similar to the crossbreed, which I love, and will hopefully have the famous Comp-tac turn around time. Please let us know how it is if anyone picks one up. I especially like the ability to use it for other pistols by changing the holster body. I wonder how much the different bodies will be.

·
Registered
106 Posts
:roll: Looks like I'm buying another holster!!! What should I tell my girl this time??? :roll:

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
slomo said:
:roll: Looks like I'm buying another holster!!! What should I tell my girl this time??? :roll:
Tell her you're selling your old one so its basically free.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does but it doesn't. I'm looking forward to more detailed pics.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Look real close at the pictures of Crossbreeds. They have a chunk of leather up about the grip that looks to me like it would interfere with trying to get a grip. this holster doesn't have that design issue.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Crossbreed is just a simple design of a slab of leather with a kydex half body bolted on. The MTAC has adjustable tension and a kydex insert to keep the sweat shield stiff and where its supposed to be.

wahoo95 said:
Looks like a Cross-Breed or Tucker Design.......guess they didn't patent their hydrid design.
Guess who designed the Tucker The Answer...that's right...Comp-Tac. :wink:

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you order the slide version it will work just fine with a compact.

·
Registered
66 Posts
dblagent said:
I do not see the compact M&P listed as available as of yet, or I would order one right now.

I was thinking the same thing, so I asked them. Here is what they said.

Hello Joe,

It will be a few weeks before the Compact is ready.

I hope this helps, J.B.

Comp-Tac Victory Gear

PO Box 1809

Spring, TX 77383

(281) 209-3040

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I talked with JB as well about the compact version. He said the more requests they got for it, the sooner they would make it. So if you're interested in one, let JB know.

In the meantime, I'm sure they'd make a slide version for the M&P (as UPSguy said) which is basically the same size as the compact anyway.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I have the C-TAC, which does as it's supposed to. It conceals very well with my full-size. The comfort of it is variable, though, so maybe I'll look into this one further.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I sent an email just now to let him know there is another person waiting on the compact model, though mine will need to be lefty.

·
Registered
495 Posts
One thing I noticed about this that interests me is that there is some extra leather around the sight area. This might come in handy when I get off my butt and send my M&Ps to David Bowie and have the JP sight set into the slide.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts