MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we're running the M&P for both IDPA and USPSA, we've tested almost all the available kydex holsters out there in the last few weeks. Our conclusion; we can't seem to find any others that are slimmer in profile, has a well thought out cant adjustment and fast on the draw like the new M&P holster from TKW (Tactical Kydex Weaponry).

TKW is a one-man shop out of the NE and Doug is your all-round good guy who is also a competitive shooter in both IDPA and USPSA. He's been at it for some time now and we've been keeping our eyes on his creations and suffice to say that we've seen a nice following growing for the designs that he puts out.

I've personally ran his setup at the last few matches and the first thing that comes to my mind is 'SWEEEEET'! We've placed on order for these holster and mag carriers from TKW and we hope to have them on the shelves by the end of this month. The wait is simply due to the fact that TKW and us are both preparing for this month's Nationals.

The holster is $59.95, the single mag carrier is $22.95 while the double is $34.95 - the following are some photos I just took of the holster and the mag carrier. The belt slide for the holster is available with or without an offset (for USPSA but not legal for IDPA - last pix). Colors available - black and dark gray for now.

FREE shipping for fellow forum members. If you're interested in a set, just email us, PM me or a reply to this thread will do and I will reserve a set for you.

Thanks a mil in advance and please feel free with the Qs

This photo shows the adjustable cant on both the holster and mag carrier:

The difference between the IDPA legal belt slide and the offset one that you can use for USPSA:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Helmie,

I'm interested in the IDPA-style holster, but with paddle. Do they make one for the M&P that is paddle rather than belt? I'm interested if they have it.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
i-SHOT said:
Now that we're running the M&P for both IDPA and USPSA, we've tested almost all the available kydex holsters out there in the last few weeks. Our conclusion; we can't seem to find any others that are slimmer in profile, has a well thought out cant adjustment and fast on the draw like the new M&P holster from TKW (Tactical Kydex Weaponry).
Why do you need cant adjustment for competition? I would assume that the variety of cant adjustable kydex for the M&P is a very small.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
choochboost said:
Why do you need cant adjustment for competition? I would assume that the variety of cant adjustable kydex for the M&P is a very small.

Chooch, I don't see a lot of request for canted holsters in competition. If there is a request for one, it is most likely for carry, etc. I personally prefer a straight up draw. This TKW holster simply gives you the option.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I too have tried out that TKW holster and agree that it is quite nice. It is definitely what I plan to run for IDPA. Simple yet very effective. I have been much more impressed than I am with the ever famous Comp-tacs.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I run for IDPA and USPSA Production. It's a simple and yet well put together holster. Very slick and very fast.

The only other holster that will give it a run for its money is the Sidearmor vertical scabbard but alas, they don't have one for the M&P. Their's have got to be the best kydex holster ever made. Absolutely clean and refined. Once the kydex is folded in the mold, they complete the process by placing the holster in a CNC machine to finish the edges.

The Sidearmor vertical scabbard is what I use for my Glocks and 1911s. Tight and high, just the way I like it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts