MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my wonderful warren tactical rear I noticed that my front sight was really dim so I used my white out tape on the side of some cardboard and peeled off a strip put it on the front sight post not only is it very bright again I find it a lot easier to acquire a target I will try and take some pics but cannot guarantee anything but just to pass some CHEAP upgrades

·
Registered
673 Posts
Pictures 101 :twisted: Give me pictures :twisted:

I am doing the same thing mate, Warren on the 6, standard on 12... 8) not sure how it will work out, unless you show me the way :wink:

Just though this looked good.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Actually some one said that white nail polish is a good whitener for the sights... :? :idea:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Shoot a couple rounds first and let me know how it works. :wink:

·
Registered
380 Posts
that'll make me look good at the WalMart checkout... 5 boxes of ammo and and a bottle of nail polish.

the occasional times the woman has a tampon emergency, i always refused to go to the store for her. once i became avid in shooting sports, i have no problem with it.

really, who's gonna dare look twice at the guy with a box of tampons and two cases of .40 ammo?

·
Registered
673 Posts
f-bomb said:
that'll make me look good at the WalMart checkout... 5 boxes of ammo and and a bottle of nail polish.

the occasional times the woman has a tampon emergency, i always refused to go to the store for her. once i became avid in shooting sports, i have no problem with it.

really, who's gonna dare look twice at the guy with a box of tampons and two cases of .40 ammo?

Two cases of Tampons and a box of Ammo? :wink:

·
Registered
673 Posts
f-bomb said:

No really! I hear that the stuff is supposed to be quite tough and you can even get Fluro colours, um, I mean apparently, I’ve heard at the pup while starring at the skimpy’s… :oops:

·
Registered
380 Posts
243ww said:
[quote name='f-bomb']that'll make me look good at the WalMart checkout... 5 boxes of ammo and and a bottle of nail polish.

Two cases of Tampons and a box of Ammo? :wink:[/quote]

two cases was when i was in the military. believe it or not...

during training in the woods, a tampon jammed in the barrel of your m-16 keeps dirt and crap out very well.

and a quick and inexpensive lubricant in a pinch... Vagisil Personal Lubricant.

now, how do you think other platoons crossing through felt when they patrolled past a platoon who all had tampons shoved in their rifles and passing around a bottle of Vagisil.

there was MUCH talk around the base.

anyway, not out to hijack this thread, so...

nailpolish, huh? probably works... i've seen stranger things.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am really wondering were this topic went wrong...

·
Registered
673 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
Now that I have my wonderful warren tactical rear I noticed that my front sight was really dim so I used my white out tape on the side of some cardboard and peeled off a strip put it on the front sight post not only is it very bright again I find it a lot easier to acquire a target I will try and take some pics but cannot guarantee anything but just to pass some CHEAP upgrades

Have you thought about the Light tube red and /or green front sight thingies?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Crap :!: I got to get up at 6 tomorrow, today
Read from yooz tomorra :wink:

·
Registered
380 Posts
243ww said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']I am really wondering were this topic went wrong...

Marching bands :roll:[/quote]

this would have made more sense if i was in marching band... but it was the infantry unit. :oops:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
before we all get a warning from the mods here are your pics :wink: 8)

Sorry it took so long forgot the camera needed batteries

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
My preference would probably be the opposite. I would want to clearly see the (black) outline of the front sight in order to properly align the top of the front sight with the top of the rear sight.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I've known people who paint their front sight with bright (red, orange, neon green) fingernail polish. They swear it helps them find the sight.

Since I use the white dot around the tritium capsule, which in turn is surrounded by a black steel sight post, I always have good contrast no matter what color the target/backstop may be.

·
Registered
673 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
before we all get a warning from the mods here are your pics :wink: 8)

Sorry it took so long forgot the camera needed batteries

Thanks 101. I am not sure about the whole white front post… Does it get lost on white, pale targets?

ToddG said:
I've known people who paint their front sight with bright (red, orange, neon green) fingernail polish. They swear it helps them find the sight.

Since I use the white dot around the tritium capsule, which in turn is surrounded by a black steel sight post, I always have good contrast no matter what color the target/backstop may be.

This may sound like an option, but as 101 was using the standard sights I can see his point. Maybe a thin line of bright Gun Post Enhancer (nail polish) may work leaving a contrasting edge on both sides? 8)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what I might do is remove the white circle and put dark red nail polish I like being different

1 - 20 of 25 Posts