MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an M&P .40 last week and just got done putting 300 round thru it today. I'm impressed with the pistol itself .... it's me that needs the work though LOL I wasn't expecting as much recoil as there was so I have a lot of practicing I need to do, at least I was hittin the target. Started out all over the target but by the end I was getting better groupings.

This is my first owned pistol (but after today not last) .... the last thing I shot was a 9mm about 7 years ago now. Out of all the pistols I held while shopping the M&P just seemed to be the best.

·
Registered
505 Posts
welcome and congrats on your new purchase

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Welcome and be glad you bought the M&P40 because it's probably one of the softest shooting .40S&W handguns you'll ever shoot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the board Greatzippy...its good to see another NJ Shooter on the board! 8)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
raz-0 said:
welcome, whereabouts you do your shooting?

So far the only place I've been going is Ray's out on Rt22, it's been decent there so far. I tried going to the Bullet Hole in Belleville but that place is small & unorganized. The first (and probably last) time I went they were so packed you could barley find a place to stand .... and the people there didn't seem to even have an act to get together.

Not too sure where the ranges are in NJ, especially in my area (Near Newark/Elizabeth). If you know of any feel free to tell me

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Got your pm first, but for the record..

This has most of the palces I know of.

http://www.anjrpc.org/PlacestoShoot/Places_to_shoot.htm

I shoot regularly at Old Bridge and Central Jersey. Competitive matches are open to the general public. If you want to try USPSA or IDPA we have a friday evening match at old brigde that is quasi-uspsa and geared towards newer shooters.

If anyone wants to try something simpler, we also put on some good steel matches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts