MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At K&D Holsters, we have developed a new IWB holster which is very versatile. It was essentially a combining of a couple of our holsters and the adding of the belt loop attachment. What provides for its versatility is the belt loop attachment is adjustable and allows for a variety of cant settings (approximately 9 settings at an adjustment of approx 30 degrees). Here's some pics:

Small of the back area:

Slightly behing the hip:

Front view:

Cross-draw:

It can also be worn between the waistband and the belt for an OWB style of carry. The price for the holster is $65 + $5/shipping. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Kevin recently made a work-of-art for me in a Dakota Defender for my S&W 1911. He's now making a belt for me. I recommend his work to everyone. He's wonderful to work with, a great man. Retired military makes him even better.
I'll be contacting him again soon for something for my new M&P. Thanks for all you've done for me, Kevin, I appreciate you!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Very interesting. Are the belt loops attached with a threaded fastener?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words, MSgt G.

Bloodnut:

The fastener is two pieces - one on the holster and one on the belt attachment piece. They interlock with one another, and then you have the screw which glides through the belt attachment and screws into the piece attached to the holster. It's very secure. The pictures show an allen-head screw, but we're changing that to a phillips head.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kevin, it is GREAT to see you here!! Guys, IMHO, you will not find a better made holster, anywhere, than what K&D Holsters will make for you. I am currently waiting for a Cochise Defender from K&D Holsters that my M&P .40c will be carried in. Kevin is an artist that just happens to use leather. You will not be disappointed in anything you get from him!! I have had the opportunity to speak with Kevin a couple of times and a nicer man you will not meet. It is very obvious that he loves his work and it does show in the final product. There is a waiting period involved when ordering from him, BUT, it is worth every day!! He will try his best to make you anything you want

I am also glad that you are feeling better Kevin!! Have you had a chance to shoot your M&P 9c anymore yet?

Ron

BTW, the holster pictured in your post Kevin looks very nice!

I am still waiting on the lasted holster from K&D Holsters, but in the mean time, here are a couple pictures of tha last one he made for me for my little Kel-tec P3AT.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Per K&D's web site (http://kdholsters.com/), the wait is 8-10 weeks. I highly doubt that Kevin would produce any product that would scratch the pistol. His work is very good

Ron

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the website! I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, I'm just careful (learned the hard way). His work from the pics, looks outstanding! The IWB looks like what I had in my head.

Thanks again, I'm heading to the site right now!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Gunner68 said:
Thanks for the website! I wasn't trying to insinuate anything, I'm just careful (learned the hard way). His work from the pics, looks outstanding! The IWB looks like what I had in my head.

Thanks again, I'm heading to the site right now!

I know that you weren't trying to insinuate anything
. You have to be careful or you just end up with another junk holster in your drawer!! If you look around at the different gun forums, you will find a lot of Kevin's work out there. Kevin really is an artist who just uses leather. I have seen some awesome pictures of his work and it all looks great. If I had not been 100% satisfied with my first holster from him, I would not have gone back, but, it is a great holster! The wait IS worth it. Give Kevin a call if you can. He is great to talk to and like I said, he will make you anything you want if it is at all possible.

Ron

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just might have to do that (give him a call), I don't see that beautiful piece of work on the website.

I do see alot of others though
! I just got a nice little promotion at work, so I should celebrate by getting myself some new leather eh

·
Registered
471 Posts
They just came up with that holster and have just started showing it. It has been in developement for a bit, but just started showing it. Sounds like a great way to celebrate :wink: . I can hardly wait to get my new holster from them!!

Ron

·
Registered
471 Posts
I will be posting pics. I hope to be getting it sometime in April

Ron

·
Registered
490 Posts
These pictures show some of the great points people have made about trying to conceal the full size. Now I can see how it prints easily. Previously thought it could have been a number of things. Hiding a full size in t-shirt weather is hard anyways. I think cross draw would work best for me. Smaller guy and feels more comfortable to draw.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gunner68 said:
What is the wait time on that beaut for a 9c? Can the fastener scratch the pistol?

Our current wait/turnaround time is running at 8-10 weeks. And, in all honesty, it's closer to the 10-week mark.

There is no metal in contact with the gun. The clip is riveted, glued, and sewn to the outisde of the holster itself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
m4arc:

Yes, there is a band of leather that wraps around/reinforces the throat of the holster (basically in the same fashion as shown in the pics of the smaller holster).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Kevin does great work.

he made a holster for my Steyr M40A1 (shown on his web site) with Shark trim.

Get one of his holsters before he starts charging for his labor

Seriously nice leather.

·
Registered
471 Posts
madecov said:
Get one of his holsters before he starts charging for his labor

Seriously nice leather.

I totally agree madecov. I honestly think that Kevins holster are some of the best leather holsters that you can buy and they are not that expensive for what you get!! True value for your hard earned money!

Ron

1 - 20 of 20 Posts