MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I bought my S&W M&P .40c pistol a while back, I knew that I was going to ordering a holster from K&D Holsters. I contacted Kevin and as luck would have it, he had just started making holsters for the M&P Compacts.

Well, yesterday, I received a very nice surprise. I knew that Kevin was pretty much done with my Cochise Defender, but I did not know that had been shipped yet. Then all of a sudden the package was dropped in front of me on my desk. Boy was I ever excited. Some of you have received a holster from K&D Holsters and I know that you know the feeling. This is going to be a work of art. I opened the box and I was not disappointed at all!! It is beautiful!

I am trying to think of things to say that you don’t already know. I took the holster home and put my M&P .40c pistol in the holster and the fit was awesome. No need to go though a bunch of hoops to get the fit to work. It is a bit tight, but the fit is perfect. When I say tight, it is not too tight at all.

I just wore it around the house and a short trip to town last night and it is sweet. I hardly even know that it is there. I have been wearing a Comp-tac Infidel, which is a very nice kydex holster, but it is not going to be worn nearly as much any more.

I had originally ordered it with just the regular leather, but a couple weeks ago, Kevin posted a couple of pictures of two holsters that used Beaver Tail and Elephant Trunk on them. I looked at that Elephant Trunk and decided that I needed to get a bit exotic with this holster and make it mine. I emailed Kevin and made the changes and I am really glad that I did. It is sweet.

Kevin, if you read this, thanks so much for another awesome holster. You are one of the nicest people that I have ever dealt with! Your product is absolutely top drawer as is your customer service. I am sure that you will be hearing from me again someday!! Thank you very much!!

I will leave you all with some pictures of another one of K&D Holster’s masterpieces. The pictures make the leather look like there is some red in there, but it is a real nice dark brown color.

Ron

PS K&D Holsters is one of our Sponsors here at the M&P forums!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
That is awesome. It looks very comfortable; and easy to conceal.

A picture of the holster/gun being worn would be great. (I'm curious about how it sets on the belt/pant.)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks YukonGlocker. I will try to add a couple of pictures of it being worn in the next few days. I will say that it rides nice and tight against your side.

Ron

·
Registered
32 Posts
Awesome! I just placed an order with K&D a few days ago for a Cochise Defender as well. I'm very excited.

How is re-holstering? Are you able to do it one-handed? Also, how's the comfort level?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R Salesman, you will not be disappointed at all!! Re-holstering is very easy and this holster is very comfortable! It is a great holster!!

Ron

·
Registered
514 Posts
Does anyone have one for the fullsize? Please post pics. Holster looks great and great pics by the way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ront:

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the holster. The elephant trunk really adds a nice contrast to the smooth leather.

crazypilot:

Here's a couple of pics of an Eagle Defender (with ostrich) and our newest holster, the Maverick Defender:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K-Man, kinds words and comments come pretty easy with the products and customer service that K&D Holsters provide!! Like I said, both are top drawer. I love my holster!

The Eagle Defender and the Maverick Defender are also both very nice!

Ron

·
Registered
514 Posts
Those are very nice. I have another question about the conchise defender. I was looking on the website and it says it can be worn on IWB as well as OWB is that correct (just need some clarification)? Also, will the clips hold the hoster well enough to the belt when wearing it OWB and drawing your weapon? I don't want to draw my gun with the holster still attached to it

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For anyone who is interested, here are some pictures of me wearing the Cochise Defender. It is very comfortable and holds the gun nice and tight against my body. It covers fairly easily.

Ron

·
Registered
157 Posts
Kevin made a Laredo defender for my M40A1 with a matching belt. It is one of the nicest hosters I own. The Holster has Shark trim.

kevin does really nice work. Get one before he raises prices.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ront said:
For anyone who is interested, here are some pictures of me wearing the Cochise Defender. It is very comfortable and holds the gun nice and tight against my body. It covers fairly easily.

Ron

From the pictures... It seems very similar to a Comptac CTAC... Only its leather...

For those who have both or have experienced both... which is more comfortable? I'm sure kydex is somehow faster to draw from...

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
chocoboy, I agree with you. I have said all along that I feel this holster is very similar to the CTAC. In fact I purchased the Comp-tac Infidel because I wanted the two holsters to be more different for a better variety. IMHO, although I think the CTAC is comfortable, I think it would be hard to be more comfortable that a good leather holster.

Ron

·
Registered
100 Posts
ront said:
chocoboy, I agree with you. I have said all along that I feel this holster is very similar to the CTAC. In fact I purchased the Comp-tac Infidel because I wanted the two holsters to be more different for a better variety. IMHO, although I think the CTAC is comfortable, I think it would be hard to be more comfortable that a good leather holster.

Ron

Exactly my thoughts... Unfortunately, i just ordered a CTAC for my MP40. Dindn't know about this K&D Holster before...

I gues my only consolation will be... the CTAC would hopefully be a faster draw than d K&D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From all I have heard, I think you will like the CTAC just fine. If you don't, I think they have a 30 day return policy.

Ron

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is a little off topic, but how do they obtain the elephant skin? I am not a greenie, but I would hope that someone isn't out there shooting elephants for holsters. I am cool with animals that we use for their meat and skin (cows, horses, ostriches), but I am not aware elephants are bred for their meat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts