MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
@Smith Shooter: It sounds like you purchased the 11828 Pro Core. You said,
“The OEM trigger on mine was very crisp and creep- free but too heavy at 5-1/2 to 6 pounds. An Apex sear and striker block improved it to 3-1/2 pounds.”
Two questions:
  • Did you try to reduce the trigger pull force by simply installing different, reduced power, Apex springs (if you have any left over from other kits you have picked up over time)?
  • What Part number sear and striker block kit did you install, or what are the individual part numbers if you purchased them separately?
I ask because I shoot SSP and what you did to improve your pistol is SSP legal, therefore, I want to be certain of the kit or individual parts that resulted in that improvement. Thanks much.
Yes, that's exactly the model I have.

I bought the Apex DCAEK kit for the M&P2.0 9 and .40 and 1.0 .45 pistols. It's Apex part number 100-062 and includes the Apex sear, sear spring, striker block and striker block spring. These are the parts I installed and the trigger pull is now about 3.5 pounds. The kit also includes a somewhat strongetrigger spring that I didn't use as it is intended to increase the trigger pull from about 4 pounds to 5 to 5-1/2 pounds and that's exactly what I didn't want. Note that I did not change the factory trigger itself as I find it feels fine and works well for me.

I also have a pre-CORE M&P9 2.0 (sku 11537) purchased in mid-2017. I installed the same Apex parts in the same way and it's trigger pull is right at 4 pounds so the results are almost identical. This pistol has been flawless for the time I've had it and several thousand rounds. It's what convinced me to buy the CORE pistol and add the Apex kit.

BTW, one side benefit to the new CORE pistols is that you don't have to remove the rear sight to replace the striker block. It is under a small screw retained plate under the CORE cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, that's exactly the model I have.

I bought the Apex DCAEK kit for the M&P2.0 9 and .40 and 1.0 .45 pistols. It's Apex part number 100-062 and includes the Apex sear, sear spring, striker block and striker block spring. These are the parts I installed and the trigger pull is now about 3.5 pounds. The kit also includes a somewhat strongetrigger spring that I didn't use as it is intended to increase the trigger pull from about 4 pounds to 5 to 5-1/2 pounds and that's exactly what I didn't want. Note that I did not change the factory trigger itself as I find it feels fine and works well for me.

I also have a pre-CORE M&P9 2.0 (sku 11537) purchased in mid-2017. I installed the same Apex parts in the same way and it's trigger pull is right at 4 pounds so the results are almost identical. This pistol has been flawless for the time I've had it and several thousand rounds. It's what convinced me to buy the CORE pistol and add the Apex kit.

BTW, one side benefit to the new CORE pistols is that you don't have to remove the rear sight to replace the striker block. It is under a small screw retained plate under the CORE cover.
@Smith Shooter Thank you for the additional info. Apex part number 100-062 Kit is what I had concluded is the best available upgrade allowed by SSP rules for the M2.0 5”. Thank you for the confirmation. Finally, as you noted, the OEM hinged trigger is also required. Like you, I have no issues with it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts