MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my ITP-3 Pro from Hoffners.com Friday. I wore it all day with my .45 in 95 degree heat. It prints a bit with a t-shirt, but not at all with the guayabera style button up shirts. The holster sits high and tight with the straight drop that I prefer. Retention is good, one hand reholstering is easy and it's comfortable while sitting, actually, even as I type. It rode well on an hour's drive; pretty much a necessity for me. Draw was slick, even before any holster conditioning. I was feeling optimistic today, so I wasn't wearing the Minimalist dual mag carrier that I bought with the holster. It appears to be good stuff as well. Delivery was 10 days from my order - that was probably the biggest plus. Most leather gear for the M&P seems to be several weeks out. All in all I give Hoffners a solid B+.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Srigs said:
You need to post pics of course.

Always interested in a good holster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As requested - I just like leather for carry. Pardon the hot flash; either me or the camera is stuck on stupid. The belt is a Rosen 1.25 of many years. Gun is carried at about 16:30. I may shorten the loop a bit, but I like some slack for car carry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to make an addendum to my review. After working the gun and holster for a few days, it's apparent that the "no look" flap will sometimes disengage the safety upon reholstering the pistol. I expect that all of the ITP-3's for the M&P are made for use with the non-external safety model. A little minor surgery will solve this prob; I like the holster well enough to use it for my primary. I just don't want any switches getting thrown unless I'm in the loop.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Make sure you let them know.

How's that mag pouch working out? I've always been intrigued by that design.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
choochboost said:
Make sure you let them know.

How's that mag pouch working out?

Mr. Hoffner has been contacted. The pouch works well; it is indeed an innovative design. The gear will get a real workout at Gunstock in Oct. I expect I'll be buying one of Hoffner's OWB rigs for my n-frame here shortly. There's just nothing quite like that big iron.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welder said:
[quote name='choochboost']Make sure you let them know.

How's that mag pouch working out?

Mr. Hoffner has been contacted. The pouch works well; it is indeed an innovative design. The gear will get a real workout at Gunstock in Oct. I expect I'll be buying one of Hoffner's OWB rigs for my n-frame here shortly. There's just nothing quite like that big iron.[/quote]

Is that a straight drop? It looks canted to me ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevrbvictim said:
It looks canted to me ?
You are correct, my bad; I should have spent more time working the holster before I posted the review. I just get really excited about new gun stuff. There are 2 holes on the outboard side of the loop so you can get about 15 or 30 degrees of cant respectively. It would be a simple matter to relocate the holes if I want to get that straight drop. Some experimentation is in order. I'm fortunate to have my range in the back yard so I expect the long weekend will be put to good use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts