MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,

Went to buy me an MP40 to shoot while my 9 is being repaired. PLuse the 40 gives me the frame for the 357 sig barrel change. I asked the salesman to find me one in his stock that had the ealiest mfg date. He found one from Feb 2007. But, it also had a Bladetech holster, bladetech double mag holster with 3 mags. Now with the M&P $50 rebate and the 2 free mags.. This will make a very nice IPDA setup! The salesman said he was not aware the 40s came with the holster and mags. So maybe S&W is moving to compete with the XD.

This is great. Considering I just ordered 2 new holsters over the internet to be here the 27th becasue my 9mm did not come with it.

Very happy I decided to do that.

Oh... ANd just for the heck I bought a Walther P22 with extended barrel and scope. Should be a nice plinker.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That was the kit bundle. The 40s & 9s were available as a kit for $40-50 more. I'm not sure if the still offer them that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sholling said:
That was the kit bundle. The 40s & 9s were available as a kit for $40-50 more. I'm not sure if the still offer them that way.

I just bought one too, about 3 weeks ago. Dealer ordered 2 9mm's and 2 .40's while I was in the shop.

Bill

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought a M&P 40 kit about 3 days ago. Serial number is in the MPZ range so they're still offering them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I might add from the first 100 rounds today is a very nice gun. I have hesitate buying a .40 size gun, but wish I had sooner.

Love it...

Now the interesting part. my 9mm Mags also fit this gun and the .40 rounds fit nice. Seems like the mags are all the same except for spring stiffness and the 9mm are marked 17rd the 40 is marked 15rd.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you've never owned a Walther P22, I'd recommend reading through the "P22 Bible". I have a copy, so PM me with your email address if you'd like it. It goes over a lot of DIY smithing work that will make the P22 more reliable, fix erratic ejection, and significantly reduce wear on the slide. Be aware that there is a possible link between the compensators on the target model and slide-cracking failures. It's something that is merely theory at this point, but it seems to happen the most to the 5" models, and the slamming of the slide into the back of the compensator is the likely culprit.

Congrats on your find, I'm sure you'll love the 40 as much as I love mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
JoeM&P said:
That kit sounds like a good deal. I wonder if they make it for leftys?

Hear, hear. I'm a lefty and it is a pain finding good shooting gear. For my M&P .40, I went with a Blackhawk Serpa holster. The release lever takes a little getting used to, but now that I've had it awhile, I really like it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FieroCDSP said:
If you've never owned a Walther P22, I'd recommend reading through the "P22 Bible". I have a copy, so PM me with your email address if you'd like it. It goes over a lot of DIY smithing work that will make the P22 more reliable, fix erratic ejection, and significantly reduce wear on the slide. Be aware that there is a possible link between the compensators on the target model and slide-cracking failures. It's something that is merely theory at this point, but it seems to happen the most to the 5" models, and the slamming of the slide into the back of the compensator is the likely culprit.

Congrats on your find, I'm sure you'll love the 40 as much as I love mine.

I had supsected the Compensator as well. Hmmmm. Maybe I should shave a few thou off the back and place a rubber stop in there:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not so sweet deal after all

Well,

After 200-300 rounds. Guess what!

Yep, you guessed it. Mag started dropping.
Would even drop completely to the ground.

Not a very happy camped right now.

At first we tought it was doing it only after the last round, but it is pretty much anytime.

Will post serial number to the sticky thread.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: Not so sweet deal after all

Try switching the mag release to the other side?? Worked for me. But my case was user error!

Magnum said:
Well,

After 200-300 rounds. Guess what!

Yep, you guessed it. Mag started dropping.
Would even drop completely to the ground.

Not a very happy camped right now.

At first we tought it was doing it only after the last round, but it is pretty much anytime.

Will post serial number to the sticky thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@finalfusion

I had already moved the mag to the opposite side, it should work no matter what side the mag release is on.

Funny. With both guns I did notice it only started after I cleaned the gun good :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts