MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my M&P 45 a few weeks ago. Love the weapon, but I have a problem with it that I can not understand. First of all the trigger feels "gritty" like it has sand in it. Are all the M&P 4 triggers this way? But my biggest problem is I have failure to feed on the last round. It's fine 1-9 but on that last round it won't feed. I thought it was maybe a bad mag. so I switched to the other one , and same problem. Any ideas before I send it back to smith? Anyone else have a problem like this? I can't even get through a box of 50 without this happening at least 3 or 4 times.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My MP 45 s trigger was gritty at first but after giving it the Dan Burwell treatment it is very smooth. As far as the 10th round not feeding that is a new one on me. You might take them apart for a good cleaning and look for anything that my cause things to hang up. A factory service rep told me S&W have 14 round mags in the works, which means 3 mags will take nearly a full box. Seems they are trying to be one up on Glock on that issue. :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the exact same "fail to feed on the last round" problem with my brand new M&P40c. I need to try different brands of ammo to see if that helps. I'm thinking though, that the plastic follower in the mag is engaging the slide lock too early. Or maybe recoil is causing the slide release lever to jump up and engage the slide. But this doesnt explain why it only happens on the last round. I just got this gun and am not happy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the same thing happen on my 6 week old 9c. It's only done it once for sure, but I'm keeping an eye on it after hearing others have had the same issue. I posted a week ago about this very problem. I wish I knew the exact cause. I've ruled out accidentally bumping the slide realease with my thumb so it must be mechanical in nature. I'd chalk it up to being new and needing break-in but there is enough data from others to warrant scrutiny.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had a few FTFeeds with my M&P45 right out of the box. After a good cleaning, I've been through 500+ rounds with no problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my M&P 45 back in Nov. from day one i had a "Failure to Feed" on the last round. i tried different brands of ammunition and it still happened about 75% of the time. I called S&W and explained what was going on and they said send it in. I got it back 8 days later and they said they had to replace the the extractor. since i got it back i have put 500 rounds thought it with no more FTF on last round. My advice is to call smith and get them to repair it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts