MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've been waiting quite a while for the M&P 45's to come out and then I was having trouble finding one with a manual safety. Well....I found one today with night sights to-boot.
(not sure how I feel about those yet).

I now have my M&P family: 9c, 40FS and 45FS. If I can shoot the 45 as well and comfortably as the 9 and 40 I'll be very happy and in for a lot of fun. The safety and trigger don't bother me a bit (my trigger measured a little over 6lbs) and I expect it will smooth up some just as the others did with a few rounds through it. Since I have no intension of carrying it (it's the house gun along with my 12 ga) I know it's going to be a complete satisfaction to me.

Just wanted ato share,

Jim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. Sounds like they are slowly making their way into the system. How does it compare to the .40 Full-Size in terms of size, feel, concealibility and handling?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M&P 45 W/manual safety and night sights

Hi, The 45 is a larger gun all the way around than the 40. It's a little heavier, larger stock (I installed the small insert so it would fit my smallish hands better. The med insert was perfect on the 40). I personally wouldn't want to try and conceal it, but then I wouldn't try to conceal any 45. ha (too large and heavy for me to carry around all day except if was on my hip while hunting) As I mentioned .... it's for a house gun.

I haven't been to the range yet so I can't give you any feedback on the way it shoots, etc., but will as soon as I get to the range, however if it's as good as it's two little brothers (9mm and 40) the I'm going to be one happy camper. (Wed is range day
)

Hope this helps,

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts