MP-Pistol Forum banner

New M&P .45

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Payne 
#1 ·
Just placed an order for new M&P .45's for the department. Night sights, no frame safety, no magazine safety, and three magazines.

All the Officers tested the 9mm, .40 S&W, and the .45. The .45 was the hands down winner. The M&P won the testing over the Glock, XD, Beretta, and Sig.

Can't wait

I understand the M&P .45 and the M&P competition version were both a big hit at the SHOT Show.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats awsome. The only bad thing is that means alot of the M&P45's will be going to LE first. Which is the way it should be, but a longer wait for everyone else.

#3 ·
Assuming I like the M&P45 as much as I expect to, I plan to replace my duty 4566TSW with one as soon as I can afford it. Hopefully it will either use the same holster as the .40 or Safariland will get duty holsters out ASAP.

#5 ·
To put it a simply as possible.

The ergonomics put it over the Glock hands down. The officers also liked the trigger better, but the biggest thing was the ability to fit the gun to the shooter instead of having the shooter have to adapt to the weaopn.

The recoil control of the M&P won it over the XD. I personally feel the bore axis is lower on the M&P and that may help with the recoil control. It was interesting to note that every officer said they liked the recoil of the .45 better than that of the .40.

Safariland is in the process of making holsters (can't remember the model number). The holsters fo the .40 will not quite fit so I am told. We are getting the holster that allows for leaving a light/laser attached to the weapon as a dedicated addition.

#8 ·
Princeton Minnesota

The holster is a Safariland SLS? I am not sure of the exact model. We liked the holster with the rotating hood and allows the light to stay attached. Safariland is waiting for a model weapon so they can begin making the holsters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.