MP-Pistol Forum banner

New M&P 9 Full jams every time on last round (pics)

Tags
jam
3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  jon_in_wv 
#1 ·
I've shot 150 rounds through it now, and on the last round of every magazine, it jams. Sometimes it happens on the second to last round also. I've used 2 types of ammunition and it still happens. This happens using both factory magazines. It even happens if I only put 3-5 rounds in the magazine.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to contact S&W maybe?

See less See more
#14 ·
I never had to deal with S&W CS but its the best in the business. I bought my M&P9 FS at the range that I shoot at. They have a M&P expert on staff and they installed a trigger spring for me for free. Check with the place you bought it or the range you shoot and maybe they have someone who can help you out B4 sending it in to S&W. It's got to be mags as if it were the feed ramp the jam would happen on 'other' rounds. (JMHO)

#15 ·
I had this happen on my 40c when it was new. It would jam feeding the last round. I called CS and they said wait a little while, put more rounds down range. I ended up having both mags loaded for about a month before my next range visit. This time had zero issues. I'd say your mag springs are just stiff and need some breaking in. Give it a shot, I think you'll be fine.

#21 ·
I sent my M&P 9C after about 8000 rounds for the updated magazine release. My old style release had gotten worn. They sent me she shipping label and I Fedexed it to them. I had it back with the new release, and they installed a new recoil spring, within a week. As far as I'm concerned their CS is one of the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.