MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a NIB M+P 9 yesterday. S/N MPF xxxx so I assume it has all the upgrades. As I examined it it had the same small issues as many other posts. Gritty trigger, front sight decidedly right, and tool that will not move. I did a search because I remember someone mentioning a sight pusher from another brand that worked with the M+P. Can't find it though using the search function.

I have MGW sight pushers for Glock, Sig, and HK. I will try them all but if anyone remembers or knows if any of these work it would save me some time gathering up all these pushers. I will shoot on Thursday and report on it soon after if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Welcome.

All you have to do to center the front sight is install the slide in a vise. You can use a soft rag in the jaws to protect the finish. Get a drift punch and punch on the base of the front sight. Do NOT punch on the blade or it will probably break. Most front sights are tight. Just take your time and it will move over.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. It's a pleasure to be here. I look forward to being a member of this forum, and thanks to the owners and moderators for setting this site up.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome!
I had an MPFxxxx 9mm. also and yes you should be all set with upgrades. Enjoy the site and the new pistol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts