MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's my new M&P 9c - haven't even gotten it to the range yet, but managed to take a few quick pictures.
I'm working on building a leather IWB holster for it, I'll take more pictures once I get that done.

Trigger on this one is a bit gritty but not too bad. I'm sure once I polish up the internals (the grittiness seems to be specifically the interaction between the trigger bar and firing pin safety) it'll be quite smooth.

·
Registered
210 Posts
jtaliani said:
Nice pics!
Your trigger finger has to be itching.

I'd have to agree with Jtaliani I felt like reaching through my computer screen to squeeze off a few rounds.

·
Registered
106 Posts
After 250 rounds on mine I have done only two things to speak of.

I lubed the trigger mechanism with Friction Block light oil, which made

a notable diference in the trigger smoothness.

Last night I took a small rat tail file and knocked down the rough edge right

under the trigger guard where the second finger rides. It dug in a bit

after 100-200 rounds. Where I touched it with the file is quite difficult to see

unless you know what to look for, but it makes a difference in shooting comfort.

I am pleased with my 9c, and look forward to using it as my regular carry

weapon once I have a decent holster and another few hundred rounds through it.

Nice photos!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jtaliani said:
Nice pics!
Your trigger finger has to be itching.

It is, trust me. Been busy, and currently it's wrapped in Saran Wrap and sitting in the new holster while it drys after I did the wet-molding...

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I got lucky.....

I guess I was kinda lucky when I bought my Compact. We had gone to the range and lo & behold they had one, NIB, in their case. I pounced on it and took it directly to the firing line and put a few hundred round through it right out of the box. Wow, what fun! It shoots as good as my MP 40 caliber. 8)

Great pictures! I would like to see your holster when it is finished. Post some pics when you get it done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jtaliani said:
There you go! What kind of holster are you re-molding and for what make?

It's a brand-new IWB holster I've made myself.
Here's a couple quick pictures. I still have to let it finish drying, then dye it, finish the edges, put a good finish coat on it, and of course screw on the snaps to those posts you see and install the double-snap belt loop. Not sure if I want to go with a brown or black for the dye yet...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wow! That looks better than a lot of manufactured holsters I've seen. Nice work! Let us see the end result, I may put one on order. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the nice comments! I'll post more photo's once I get it done, and if it turns out nicely I'll make a few more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are a couple pictures - I think it came out pretty decent. I'm learning more with each holster.
Let me know what you think! Dyed it black, then put a nice acrylic topcoat on it to help make it more water-resistant.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You should probably be careful about posting pics of holsters you make on the boards. Anyone who does anything nice will immediately be covered up with requests. With the wait times and money the leather craftsmen are working with, I think there is a lot of room for new blood.

Looks nice, BTW. I always marvel at anyone who can do anything "crafty."

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good work!!!!!

WOW!!! That is one fine looking holster. Some people got all the talent, I couldn't build a bird house that a respectable bird would live in.

You could have a second career if you want it, just selling those to us on the MP Forum. :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree that's a nice looking holster! Nice pics too!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Great job on the holster!!! Wish I had the patience and talent to do that! :twisted: I'm thinking that you could make a few extra bucks a month making them in your spare time (of course you would have to purchase an extra M&P so that your carry gun isn't tied up making holsters).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts