MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I just got my first M&P 2.0 9 compact and have a question about the manual safety.

When I was cleaning the gun today, I took a close look at the engagement point of the thumb safety on the back of the trigger bar. There seems to be VERY little crossover between the safety and the trigger bar.

If I put light pressure on the thumb safety, but not enough to engage the safety into the off position, I was still able to pull the trigger. It functioned normally with no pressure.

see my short video below

is this considered normal? I just want to make sure the gun won’t be able to fire with the safety in the on position. I am hoping that having the slide on alleviates this problem to an extent.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Try that with the slide on the frame. The slide forces the trigger bar to sit/move lower in the frame. That should stop that from happening. Should.

I have a 1.0 FS 9MM M&P with thumb safeties. Worked well for a few months, then started "skipping" over the safety. I always do a test after cleaning/lubing/reassembling. I put the safety on, pull the trigger. Imagine my surprise when the striker was released. I ended up bending that right side safety lever up just a bit to improve engagement between the trigger bar and safety lever. No issues after that. Only looks odd when I pull it out of the holster and look at the back of the pistol and see the two safeties are not level.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts