MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fairly new shooter, having only picked up my first handgun back in September of last year, and in the past few months since I've gone from a Hi-Point .40 cal (a cheap starter to see if I'd actually keep the hobby) and a Hi-Point 995 Carbine (which is a really good gun, despite the HP pistol reputation) to today's purchase of a Smith & Wesson M&P in 9mm.

I took my M&P out today, and found shooting it to be a lot more accurate than I was used to, and I liked the trigger pull a lot more than I did the Beretta PX4 one of my roommates has, which really surprised me. I'd wanted the PX4 but he got it before I could, so the M&P was the 'fallback' choice.

And, to be truthful, I was starting to have a severe case of buyer's remorse. It just didn't feel quite like what I wanted - I hadn't quite wrapped my brain around the "no safety lever" issue, and had been hoping for a set of night sights on my next gun, but decided I could live without those. It started to seem like I'd made too many compromises in order to get something new. I searched the web for information on sights, lights, any kind of customization work I could get done, and wound up finding nothing until I stumbled on this site and found a great deal of good information that I'm really glad to see. Now that I'm here, I plan on seeing about maybe having Dan Burwell do some work on it once I can save up money and find out the specifics of shipping a gun cross-country for work like that, and am looking forward to some of the new sights and laser grips that appear to be coming in the not-too-distant (hopefully) future.

The dealer told me it was the first M&P he'd ever had in stock, and he wanted to know how it shoots. Hopefully soon, I'll go back and give him a good review.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Welcome to MP-Pistol. Congrats on your new MP9, thats what I went with. But am a little sad knowing I cant change out my bbl to 45 or 357 sig....grrr But I still love the look and feel of my M&P, I will just have to work my butt off and just buy the 45 acp.....wont hurt a bit....haha

Happy shooting.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts