MP-Pistol Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stiff Slide

I have put about 2000 rounds through my M&P shield and it has not got any easier to pull back. I am thinking about giving S&W a call to see what they can do. Les

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
:
I have put about 2000 rounds through my M&P shield and it has not got any easier to pull back. I am thinking about giving S&W a call to see what they can do. Les
Small gun in 9mm with much less mass in the slide compared to a compact or service sized pistol of the same caliber, plus a shorter length of slide travel to “get everything done in” requires a robust recoil assembly for proper function.

Physics is physics...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have one of those sfiff (understatement ) slide stops on my 9mm 2.0 Sheild . Thought I heard somewhere a person could get a slide stop for the early Sheild, and make it work properly in the 2.0 . Anyone else hear this ? Let us know if you have . Please ? Thanks .

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Lotssa dust on this thread. Today there exist the S&W EZ and the Walther CCP. Even my wife can rack the slide on an EZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my M&P 9mm Shield a few days ago and can honestly tell you that the slide is so "hard" to pull back that I almost need 'two hands, unlike what the instructions say, which is to "grasp the serrated sides of the slide from the rear with the thumb and fingers of the left hand and draw the slide fully rearward and lock it open by pushing the slide stop with the 'thumb of the right hand" (paraphrased somewhat).

In order for me to pull the slide back or lock it open have to grasp the complete grip with all fingers including the thumb of my right hand, tilt it slightly and put a 'death grip around the 'whole slide wth my left hand while pressing both arms against my stomach pull so hard until I almost get a muscle spasm from the tension (please tell me it will loosen up quite a bit later, or I will assume I have a 'defective weapon). I don't want to end up with arms looking like "Popeye's with big muscles protruding out before I am able to pull the slide with just the fingers and thumb of one hand.
I have the 9mm and 40cal. Both are extremely hard to pull back. My mom and sister can't budge them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Both of my Gen 1 9mm have fired over a thousand rounds and they is still quite difficult to rack. I have other 9mm small autos that only require half the effort.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts