MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I ordered an NIB M&P 9mm.

I have to wait for USPS and UPS to do their thing. I hate waiting.

What I ordered was the LEO model- NO MAG SAFEETY OR INERNAL LOCK- with night sights and 3 17rd. mags.

The reason I chose the 9 over the 40 is I reload for the 9 and simply shoot the 9 better with any the 40 in any gun.

I have owned several Glocks-21,22,17,and 2 19's. The M&P feels better in my hand with a better trigger. Plus I will have Novak NS from the Factory. Not to metion the price with shipping included was cheaper.

I am quite excited and as stated I hate waiting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't think about it until mine was ordered... but it didn't have the internal lock... but I did specify that I must have low light sites (a.k.a. Nite Sites - but you knew that )
Oh well! S&W said I can ship mine back too them and have the mag safety removed no-charge (because of being L.E.) I figure they would do for anybody N/C... Just depends on if I can survive carrying my 686 for a few days at work. Yeah I think I can

·
Registered
361 Posts
lunde said:
9mm, no magazine disconnect, no internal lock, and night sights? What is its six-digit product code? The closest I could find was 209301, which has standard sights.

I would be interested to know the number also. I'm gonna go ahead and order a M&P 9 this week.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was looking at the glossy brochure, and the S&W website, but couldn't find anything without the magazine disconnect.

If I had, I would have tried my darndest to get one.

My dealer wasn't really knowledgeable about this either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am not sure why it's not listed anywhere on the S&W web site, but RSR has 209301 (17-round magazines) and 109301 in stock (10-round magazines). In fact, my dealer ordered a 109301 for me, and it came in yesterday. Both of these are 9mm, lack the magazine disconnect and internal lock, but have standard sights.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The fourth digit seems to convey the following meanings:

0 = Magazine disconnect, internal lock, standard sights

2 = Magazine disconnect, standard sights

3 = Standard sights

4 = Magazine disconnect, internal lock, night sights

6 = Magazine disconnect, night sights

7 = Night sights

The first digit distinguishes between LE (3; three full-capacity magazines), civilian (2; two full-capacity magazines), and civilian-restricted (1; two ten-round magazines).

The sixth digit indicates caliber:

0 = .40 Auto

1 = 9mm

2 = .357 Sig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts