MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new toy arrived in the mail today. I got the mag disconnect model to avoid the scribble on the frame.

Well understand it is -10C and the wind is running about 25- miles an hour. Blowing snow. Colder than the hobs of hell.

I went out with my new toy. Fired 10 rds Remington UMC 147 gr of Factory and 10 rds of my 125 gr re-loads 4.1 gr 231.

Blew out a 2" circle at 10 yards from a rest. Gun functioned just fine. Jumped into truck and came home.

Weather here is supposed to warm up to 0C next week and rain. Will be out to fire off 200 rds once it warms.

Trigger break feels like around 5 lbs. Small take up then let off is crisp. Obviously didn't do any rapid fire yet. Used the medium palm swell, will try the small one next time. Recoil is obviously more than the 1911 Trojan but easily controllable. Should work well playing the IDPA game in SSP Division.

Very happy. For the right handed shooters have you tried having the mag release on the right side so you can depress with your index finger? I have mine on the left just because I am used to it there but I am wondering if it may be faster using the index finger to relese the mag as opposed to using your thumb on the left.

Fit and finish looks great, altogether a very nice package.

Take care

Bob

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congrats on the new shooter. Kick those 231 loads up to 4.8gr. You will love the extra power.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
robertbank said:
For the right handed shooters have you tried having the mag release on the right sidce so you can depress with your index finger?
I do. I started doing that with my HKs and I'm glad the M&P release can be switched over.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll add another report when the weather improves. I am going with Blade Tec holster group as I have found their product to be excellent for playing IDPA.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
robertbank said:
Very happy. For the right handed shooters have you tried having the mag release on the right side so you can depress with your index finger? I have mine on the left just because I am used to it there but I am wondering if it may be faster using the index finger to relese the mag as opposed to using your thumb on the left.

It will depend entirely on your hand size. For me (medium to small hands), using my trigger finger on the right side of the gun is much faster and doesn't force me to change my grip on the gun twice during reloads. Be aware that when you change your mag release, you may want to experiment with the different backstraps again to find the one that gives you the best balance of shootability and functionality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts