MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Although I think it's cool that you're giving away free prizes, I think it's bullshit that everyone in the world requires you to have a Facebook account to log into to enter the contests. It's no secret, in fact it's been in the news for a year or maybe longer that there is a longstanding problem with Facebook's privacy policies, and vulnerabilities also. So you hang with face book, there's a forum member here that does great work for less or the same.

Just my thoughts,

J.

·
Registered
879 Posts
+1 jbylake! I don't do facebook either because of privacy issues. I don't need anything for free that bad.

Although I think it's cool that you're giving away free prizes, I think it's bullshit that everyone in the world requires you to have a Facebook account to log into to enter the contests. It's no secret, in fact it's been in the news for a year or maybe longer that there is a longstanding problem with Facebook's privacy policies, and vulnerabilities also. So you hang with face book, there's a forum member here that does great work for less or the same.

Just my thoughts,

J.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just my thoughts,

J.
I couldn't agree with you more, but it is a necessary evil for me to attract advertisers. They want to see real numbers and facebook makes that easy.

You are more than welcome to enter the contest without being a part of FB. Just fill out a contact form on our website with your info and I will add you to the randomizer for the drawing. Your info is always private and we WILL NOT contact you unless you win. Thank you for your feedback, it is important and appreciate it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
M&P News

I don't know if your a "real" journalist but I'd like to hear from someone who's been able to talk to S&W corporate (not the folks we get when we call their listed numbers) and asked them why the shortage of M&P 9 mags, especially in 10 round.

I can't get an actual answer from S&W and all I see on this and other S&W sites are the opinions of the members.

I'll check back on your website every now and then but I'll be looking for real news, not ads in disguise, know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
What is this FaceBook thing anyway? I see it popping up everywhere.

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I have to agree with jbylake.
I was on Facebook and used it to keep up with friends and family. It got stale rather fast what with people posting every stupid detail about their day. No, I do not give a crap that you are at Starbucks having your double-shot, lo-fat, soy, no-foam latte.

The straw that broke the camels back was the last presidential election. I knew many of my friends were liberal, but the vitriol they spewed on that site made me wonder if I really knew these people (some I have known for over 20 years). I can respect someone expressing their opinion but what was expressed was downright hatred. After that I pretty much stopped visiting the site.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Are you guys really spending Internet time complaining about Facebook? Just like any post on any forum on any site - if you don't like it, move on. It's part of their business to have a page on Facebook - let 'em live. At least they are sharing positive information about guns (especially our favorite M&P line!) without any politics involved...just like you want. Belittling a new [M&P owning/carrying] member's occupation isn't the coolest thing you can do to represent this forum and yourselves.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if your a "real" journalist but I'd like to hear from someone who's been able to talk to S&W corporate (not the folks we get when we call their listed numbers) and asked them why the shortage of M&P 9 mags, especially in 10 round.

I can't get an actual answer from S&W and all I see on this and other S&W sites are the opinions of the members.

I'll check back on your website every now and then but I'll be looking for real news, not ads in disguise, know what I mean?
To answer your question ChicoMike, I am the editor for M&P and a professional in the firearms industry. My staff is made up of REAL journalist, at least that is what their degree says. I am working with S&W corporate and their shooting team, but some things take time to fully announce. Be patient and stay tuned.

As far as ads in disguise, I have to disagree with that statement. We are here to promote the M&P platform and everything M&P, I get paid NOTHING to do so.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You young whippersnappers, that facebook thing is evil, just like the internet and tv and radio.

:)

Facebook is a tool, you can use it got good or bad, just like other tools like say a gun.
When 'friends' posted lies during the election I unfriended them, I don't need the drama either. I follow very few people on facebook (and twitter). I follow companies and organizations like Smith and Wesson, the NRA, my church and pastor (got to see him fishing in WV last week before after he did a Sunday service for a small church there), Buck knives (won a MSRP $75 knife last summer.

I work for a large company so there are lists of approved vendors for anything we need so I tend to do the same at home, good companies I follow and keep up with and buy products repeatedly.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Are you guys really spending Internet time complaining about Facebook? Just like any post on any forum on any site - if you don't like it, move on. It's part of their business to have a page on Facebook - let 'em live. At least they are sharing positive information about guns (especially our favorite M&P line!) without any politics involved...just like you want. Belittling a new [M&P owning/carrying] member's occupation isn't the coolest thing you can do to represent this forum and yourselves.
I don't think you "get it". We did move on, no need for permission from you, but thanks anyway. I haven't belittled anyone, and I don't think anyone else did, we just said, in essence that we don't care for Facebook, chiefly due to privacy concerns that have plagued Facebook since it's launch, or feel a need to be pushed into it, to enter a "contest".
As far as contest's go, I've probably sponsored more on here in my time here on MY dime, than the site owners have, since I've been a member, so you might want to do a little back checking and fact checking before you spout off.

On the other hand, if you disagree with our positions on facebook, the right way to do it might be, "I disagree, because...(whatever) then you move on.

Thanks for your concern,
J.:smoke:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
To answer your question ChicoMike, I am the editor for M&P and a professional in the firearms industry. My staff is made up of REAL journalist, at least that is what their degree says. I am working with S&W corporate and their shooting team, but some things take time to fully announce. Be patient and stay tuned.

As far as ads in disguise, I have to disagree with that statement. We are here to promote the M&P platform and everything M&P, I get paid NOTHING to do so.
I don't think he meant that in a derogatory way. A lot of folks on the internet, who write, blog, etc. do present themselves in a way as to make themselves appear to be something they are not. How many people over at HuffPo have "true believers" that they are real "objective" bonafide journalists, with real diplomas from real colleges? I think he just wanted to know if you're reporting, or were a real professional journalist. It's hard to tell, anymore, the line has been blurred so much, but I don't think he meant any disrespect, as far as your credentials are concerned. Keep up the good work, and tell them folks to start giving you a paycheck:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't think he meant that in a derogatory way. A lot of folks on the internet, who write, blog, etc. do present themselves in a way as to make themselves appear to be something they are not. How many people over at HuffPo have "true believers" that they are real "objective" bonafide journalists, with real diplomas from real colleges? I think he just wanted to know if you're reporting, or were a real professional journalist. It's hard to tell, anymore, the line has been blurred so much, but I don't think he meant any disrespect, as far as your credentials are concerned. Keep up the good work, and tell them folks to start giving you a paycheck:D

Thanks jb, you hit it on the head, I didn't mean any disrespect, .....then. But since M & P responded the way he (she?) did, I've been wondering. Still don't mean any disrespect unless it's deserved but where's the news?

M and P News, you don't add your name or a personal monicker and I can't find it on your web site, probably my bad, so I don't know who to address this too.

Anyway, since I added my post on April 26th, I've checked in on your site several times. I still haven't seen any "news", sorry.

Thanks for your comments on the new "Fire Wall" holsters, but "wow" on the price and a product description really isn't news about the M&P products. It really isn't a comparison of the Fire Wall Holsters vs. any of the bazillions out there. I hope these are growing pains but it's troubling re: news. If your paying your journalist staff, what are they contributing?? The only thing on the site are your own comments or "product reviews" back to the first post on your site on 4-4-13. All of which you indicate you talked the manufacturers out of (some of them -- most of them?) for "testing". OK.......I think.

You don't list the "Journalists" on your staff (or yourself for that matter) on your website but you've plenty of "like us" buttons, an "advertise here" button and a ".. check out our sponsors" tab so you leave me with suspicion as to your true intent and if your going to provide us with any real news. Or if this is your way of getting swag from manufactures and making money off advertisers. ............Just saying.

Please prove me wrong and give us some real NEWS about our M&P's.

How about contacting Smith and Wesson and asking why magazines aren't available or Mec Gar about magazine production? How about why 9mm 115 grain FMJ bullets are in very, very, short supply? What is Smith and Wesson doing about the crusty trigger on the M&P9c? Get your journalists out journalizing.

Thanks, ChicoMike

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I loathe FB because of their "privacy" policies. They say you can control what info goes out but they make it very complicated.

My solution; I lurk on my wife's page and just read the stuff from friends and family.
Don't have a page of my own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks jb, you hit it on the head, I didn't mean any disrespect, .....then. But since M & P responded the way he (she?) did, I've been wondering. Still don't mean any disrespect unless it's deserved but where's the news?

M and P News, you don't add your name or a personal monicker and I can't find it on your web site, probably my bad, so I don't know who to address this too.

Anyway, since I added my post on April 26th, I've checked in on your site several times. I still haven't seen any "news", sorry.

Thanks for your comments on the new "Fire Wall" holsters, but "wow" on the price and a product description really isn't news about the M&P products. It really isn't a comparison of the Fire Wall Holsters vs. any of the bazillions out there. I hope these are growing pains but it's troubling re: news. If your paying your journalist staff, what are they contributing?? The only thing on the site are your own comments or "product reviews" back to the first post on your site on 4-4-13. All of which you indicate you talked the manufacturers out of (some of them -- most of them?) for "testing". OK.......I think.

You don't list the "Journalists" on your staff (or yourself for that matter) on your website but you've plenty of "like us" buttons, an "advertise here" button and a ".. check out our sponsors" tab so you leave me with suspicion as to your true intent and if your going to provide us with any real news. Or if this is your way of getting swag from manufactures and making money off advertisers. ............Just saying.

Please prove me wrong and give us some real NEWS about our M&P's.

How about contacting Smith and Wesson and asking why magazines aren't available or Mec Gar about magazine production? How about why 9mm 115 grain FMJ bullets are in very, very, short supply? What is Smith and Wesson doing about the crusty trigger on the M&P9c? Get your journalists out journalizing.

Thanks, ChicoMike
You bring up some great points Mike. I don't feel threatened and I hope address them for you and anyone else. First of all, news is a pretty broad net to cast, its basic definition is to report new information, to me that means sharing with M&P lovers things they may not know about or a press release from a new manufacturer such as the one we did for the new parts APEX tactical is released this last weekend. To me that is news. The soon to be released meetings we had with S&W corporate is also news... But we are not just about news, we will do reviews of new products we find, and yes manufacturers will send us product for T&E, but that product is either returned or given away to our readers on facebook.

As for the holster comparison, I had several readers contact me and thank me for the wonderful writeup on the firewall holster for many reasons. Some had tried a similar holster that was junk and although they heard the style was comfortable, were afraid to try it again. The bottom line is that there is not a lot of industry support for M&P products compared to say Sig or Glock and we hope to change that.

Lastly, as to our identity. I agree with you and we are working on adding that content. We launched just 30-days ago and there is a lot we are working on. Please bare with us as we develop and know that our goal is to provide rich content related to the M&P. Cheers!

·
Registered
222 Posts

Just my thoughts,

J.
I agree 100%..I dont have Fakebook,nor will I ever have it,due to the policies they have.
I know many people that have pro-2nd amendment stuff,or pro-gun stuff on facebook,and have had their accounts flagged,and/or deleted.

» The Disconcerting Details: How Facebook Teams Up With Data Brokers to Show You Targeted Ads Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A lot facebookers are moving over to shooters legion as it is a gun equiv of facebook.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts