MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evenin' all.

Just took delivery of my M&P 9mm from Armco in Prince George, BC. It took some heavy pushing on a table edge to free up the frame tool, but I'm good to go for tomorrow at the range. I work p/t for Brinks Canada and it's my understanding that they're purchasing M&P .40's to replace the ancient S&W revolvers. So I guess my fun plinking will also be good practice...

Any good aftermarket thingys I should be aware of?

Phil, Victoria, BC

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Extra mags...that pistol really has all you need unless you think you need night sights. Holster, use Eezox or Breakfree for CLP/Rust prevention.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
You live in Victoria but purchased it in Prince George? Must have been online I guess huh? Don't take steelshooters post to mean that there's a great likelihood that your pistol will rust. If it rusts, send it back to S&W and they will replace the parts with ones that are properly protected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Online in Canada

choochboost said:
You live in Victoria but purchased it in Prince George? Must have been online I guess huh?
Oh yes. If you want decent prices in Canada, hit the net. The other factor behind my purchase was Armco's willingness to accept some of my (evil, Communist) Norincos as trade.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I know what you mean, only one of my guns was purchased locally, all the rest I bought off the internet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day One

Just back from the range, started with Fiocchi factory ammo (cheapest I could find) to see if there were any problems, then onto my handloads (115 gr. Frontier copper jacket RN w/4.6 g Bullseye). No malfunctions at all, though sometimes the handloads didn't cause the slide to "hold open" with the last round. When that was combined with my wife complaining that my loads tended to throw brass in her face and down her top, I think I need to up the charge a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts