MP-Pistol Forum banner

New M&P owner in Hawaii

3K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Heatho 
#1 ·
Code:
Well not quite yet.  I have it paid for but now I am enduring the state's two week waiting period before I can take possession of my new pistol.  I got it primarily for home defense because Hawaii also has a 10rd mag cap limit.  I wanted a 45cal handgun that held the max allowable 10rds and actually fit my hands... and was under my budget.  I also tried the Glock 21, XD, USP45, and the S&W99 but the M&P45 won out.

#3 ·
Welcome to the site...

#18 ·
Welcome brosef...

Is it true that you have to bring your gun in to purchase ammo in Hawaii? Some buddies of mine are from Hilo and say that's what you have to do....It just seems absurd.

#23 ·
Kymas23 said:
Code:
Well not quite yet.  I have it paid for but now I am enduring the state's two week waiting period before I can take possession of my new pistol.  I got it primarily for home defense because Hawaii also has a 10rd mag cap limit.  I wanted a 45cal handgun that held the max allowable 10rds and actually fit my hands... and was under my budget.  I also tried the Glock 21, XD, USP45, and the S&W99 but the M&P45 won out.

Two weeks? I thought that Kalfornia was bad.

#26 ·
MPshooter said:
Welcome brosef...

Is it true that you have to bring your gun in to purchase ammo in Hawaii? Some buddies of mine are from Hilo and say that's what you have to do....It just seems absurd.

Well Hilo is in Hawaii county and I am in Honolulu county but I have never heard of needing to bring in the gun in order to buy ammo for it. There is no state law mandating it. The only time i have heard of a gun store asking someone to bring in a gun in order to purchase ammo is when the person has no idea what kind of gun or chambering it has and the store wants to make sure they sell him the proper loads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.