MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a M&P 9mm yesterday and I've already have a problem. I can't seem to get the grip tool out. It won't turn with just fingers. I did get it to turn with pliers, but it still won't slide out. Am I doin something wrong or is it just tight because of newness.

·
Registered
148 Posts
thinkat said:
Just bought a M&P 9mm yesterday and I've already have a problem. I can't seem to get the grip tool out. It won't turn with just fingers. I did get it to turn with pliers, but it still won't slide out. Am I doin something wrong or is it just tight because of newness.

I had to use pliars as well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
on my MP, I could not get the tool out. it was soooo tight. I ended up taking it back to store. they used rubber coated plier. but after removing it few times, it quickly become easy to twist, and remove

Oh and did u turn full 1/4 turn? first couple of times, i was only turning 1/8 of turn..

·
Registered
505 Posts
mine was tight at first but i just used a little muscle on it...turn it 1/4 turn left or right and then as your pulling down on it, turn it back and forth just a little each way. continue to do this until it wiggles out. thats how i got mine out and now that ive taken it out a bunch more times its much easier

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Thanks guys. I finally got it out with some towel covered pliers. I was just afraid that I was gonna snap the end off the thing.

·
Registered
94 Posts
used pliers with my .40 too. I ended up nicking the end of the butt and the magazine. Very subtle, did none the less. The problem is that there is so little to grasp for such a tight turn. My full size 9 and compact both are firm but relatively easy to turn and remove, yet firm enough to stay in place.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
By the time I finally settled on a grip size, I'd taken the tool out so much (at first by trying to unscrew it rather than by the manual specified 1/4 turn) I sort of wore down the little knob that locks the rod in place enough to make the whole process a bit easier. It's still a snug fit, but doesn't require pliers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts