MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I learned something else about M&P the 9C model trigger. I have been fighting the 8 lb narrow folding trigger for a long time . Finally I bought an Apex polymer trigger and installed it. A big difference. Maybe not so much lighter but it is much easier to pull the trigger with the wider/thicker trigger. M&P needs to install the Apex in all of the narrow triggered models. The Shields are no problem just the M&P models with the small narrow trigger.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Load the mag as full as you can without having to resort to extra effort. Grip the body of the mag as if you are holding the grip of the pistol. Put your thumb on top of the top cartridge and press firmly. Bump the base plate on the table a couple times. Continue loading, repeat as needed until the mag is loaded to capacity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Like Texas said. Load them and let them sit for a couple hours and then empty them. Reload them again and repeat. Springs lose tension from repeated compression, not sitting in a fixed position. You should compare the spring length to other mags you have and you may find that all springs will be the same lenght. Smith doesn't give a damn about your fingers or anything else. Clip a coil or two off and see the difference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was shooting with my nephew this weekend and he had the mag loading problem with his 9mm Shield. Uplula wasn’t the answer, I tried it with mine and it wouldn’t even load it. (It might have, but I was pushing so hard I think any harder would have broke the loader.)

I told him to contact S&W. That mag isn’t right. I expect my guns and accessories from S&W to work properly right out of the box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Uplulas are nice, but big and expensive compared to other options. All you need is a $6 Range Tray loader, I can buy 5 or 6 Range Trays off Amazon for the price of one Uplula, and can keep one in the glove box of my rigs, a couple in the range bag, one in the bug out pack, etc.

All you need is some help getting that last round in, and the Range Tray does that fine.
You can order them in different colors, so I have orange for the 9mm and .40 Shield, green for the .45 Shield, and blue for the FS .45 so I can tell them apart at a glance. The Range Trays are specific for each model of M&P, not "one size fits all".
Now that my .40 and .45 Shield mags have seen some use and are easier to load, I rarely even use the loaders anymore.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts