MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

just purchased my first rifle today. A brand new M&P15T at a store in NoVA. I love it so far!! I had to pay about $160.00 more than what Bud's is charging. Now I need to take it to the range, I also was given a PMAG mag that fits the rifle perfect. Ser# on rifle SW62*** with the new Troy front site and I am assuming the LMT BCG (I hope). Any advise would be great. R/Jet

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Jet said:
All,

just purchased my first rifle today. A brand new M&P15T at a store in NoVA. I love it so far!! I had to pay about $160.00 more than what Bud's is charging. Now I need to take it to the range, I also was given a PMAG mag that fits the rifle perfect. Ser# on rifle SW62*** with the new Troy front site and I am assuming the LMT BCG (I hope). Any advise would be great. R/Jet

Don't turn into an ARFcom tacticool groupie and you should be ok.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Time to accessorize... Great choice of an AR enjoy and shoot safe.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
you hang around here enough and you will have an empty wallet and a full m&p 15

F

·
0 Posts
Great choice

You are really going to enjoy the new S&WM&P15T mine shoots great with no problems. I am sure you have a LM&T Bolt&Carrier group thats what they are using.

Get some good quality cleaning items I highly recommend a Dewey one pirce coated rod. and a real .223 bronze bore brush and .223 bronze Chamber Brush. Also I highly recommend Breakfree CLP for cleaning and Lubing bore and other parts. :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for kind words and advise, I know I will enjoy the rifle, the remorse has dropped off greatly!! Now to the range!! Pls continue to post to this thread so I can learn more about the M&P15T. VR Jet

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jet said:
Thank you all for kind words and advise, I know I will enjoy the rifle, the remorse has dropped off greatly!! Now to the range!! Pls continue to post to this thread so I can learn more about the M&P15T. VR Jet

Jet - do you shoot at the NRA?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Jet said:
Not yet I am a member of the nra, just haven't been out there yet.

I shoot there and bring my AR most of the time. Hope to see you there with the 15T. Let me know when you get around to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just completed a three day rifle course. Gun functioned flawlessly. Only thing was my troy sights worked their way loose. Recommend you locktite them in before you take it shooting.

Steve

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chuckles,

I recommend either calling S&W or PM C4IGrant here on the MP web page. Enjoy the rifle!!

R/Jet

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well mine is an LMT BCG, (look at that, a newbie talking AR15 stuff
), direct from S&W. I assume thats OK? I can't imagine them not using good parts. S&W has always tried to do the right stuff.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Re: Great choice

flanker said:
You are really going to enjoy the new S&WM&P15T mine shoots great with no problems. I am sure you have a LM&T Bolt&Carrier group thats what they are using.

Get some good quality cleaning items I highly recommend a Dewey one pirce coated rod. and a real .223 bronze bore brush and .223 bronze Chamber Brush. Also I highly recommend Breakfree CLP for cleaning and Lubing bore and other parts. :wink:

Breakfree is a poor choice for cleaning or lubrication. You have to ask yourself, how can something clean, lube and preserve all the same time. The answer is that it cannot.

CLP was designed for .Mil machine gunners as a quick fix to get their weapons working again in the field.

Use dedicated cleaners and lube for the best results.

C4

F

·
0 Posts

C4iGrant said:
[quote name='flanker']You are really going to enjoy the new S&WM&P15T mine shoots great with no problems. I am sure you have a LM&T Bolt&Carrier group thats what they are using.

Breakfree is a poor choice for cleaning or lubrication. You have to ask yourself, how can something clean, lube and preserve all the same time. The answer is that it cannot.

CLP was designed for .Mil machine gunners as a quick fix to get their weapons working again in the field.

C4[/quote]

====

Here we go again making rash comments about a quality product millions of people have and still do use everyday to keep their semi and full auto AR firing with out fail.

Please provide real proof about your comments? And why should people ask themselves a question when the answer has been posted many times by people using Breakfree products. (In a word it "WORKS")

Now Breakfree also makes a product without solvent it's BreakFree Lubricant/Preservative it contains zero solvent. I should have included it also "bad bad flanker"

And no I don't work for or sell Breakfree products. :wink:

·
Registered
648 Posts

flanker said:
[quote name='C4iGrant'][quote name='flanker']You are really going to enjoy the new S&WM&P15T mine shoots great with no problems. I am sure you have a LM&T Bolt&Carrier group thats what they are using.

C4[/quote]

====

Here we go again making rash comments about a quality product millions of people have and still do use everyday to keep their semi and full auto AR firing with out fail.

Please provide real proof about your comments? And why should people ask themselves a question when the answer has been posted many times by people using Breakfree products. (In a word it "WORKS")

Now Breakfree also makes a product without solvent it's BreakFree Lubricant/Preservative it contains zero solvent. I should have included it also "bad bad flanker"

And no I don't work for or sell Breakfree products. :wink:[/quote]

Here we go again talking about things that we don't know anything about. Millions of people also think McDonalds is good food.

CLP was designed for the Military as a QUICK fix to a weapon that was not functioning. Do you understand that you cannot lube, clean and preserve all at the same time very well? I had assumed that most people would realize that a good cleaner removes everything from a surface. This would of course include lube. :wink:

Let me ask you a question, how many carbine schools have you attended using CLP as your "lube of choice."

If you don't want to believe what I have to say on CLP, read what Pat Rogers has written: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=...ight=break+free

C4

F

·
0 Posts

C4iGrant said:
[quote name='flanker'][quote name='C4iGrant'][quote name='flanker']You are really going to enjoy the new S&WM&P15T mine shoots great with no problems. I am sure you have a LM&T Bolt&Carrier group thats what they are using.

C4[/quote]

====

And no I don't work for or sell Breakfree products. :wink:[/quote]

Here we go again talking about things that we don't know anything about. Millions of people also think McDonalds is good food.

CLP was designed for the Military as a QUICK fix to a weapon that was not functioning. Do you understand that you cannot lube, clean and preserve all at the same time very well? I had assumed that most people would realize that a good cleaner removes everything from a surface. This would of course include lube. :wink:

Let me ask you a question, how many carbine schools have you attended using CLP as your "lube of choice."

If you don't want to believe what I have to say on CLP, read what Pat Rogers has written: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=...ight=break+free

C4[/quote]

====

=====

I am not going to get into a he said they said pissing contest about a product that millions of people use and have used for many many years. Some people like to use Mobil 1 on their firearms. Who am I to tell them they are doing wrong? :roll:

Same gos for Breakfree products here if I feel Breakfree products are quality products and I like them and recommend them to others thats my right to do so in a free United States of America.

I am not demanding others use Breakfree I just posted my own little thoughts of this subject. :wink:

·
Registered
648 Posts

I am not going to get into a he said they said pissing contest about a product that millions of people use and have used for many many years. Some people like to use Mobil 1 on their firearms. Who am I to tell them they are doing wrong? :roll:

Same gos for Breakfree products here if I feel Breakfree products are quality products and I like them and recommend them to others thats my right to do so in a free United States of America.

I am not demanding others use Breakfree I just posted my own little thoughts of this subject. :wink:

Nor am I, but you have to simply understand why CLP was created and meant for. It is a poor cleaner and a poor lube.

Mobil-1 is a good lube in the synthetic form.

BF is a good company (no one is putting them down). What I am saying is that you do NOT understand what CLP was designed to do (quick fix for MG's).

I am not demanding that people stop using CLP. What I am doing is educating them on what it was designed to do.

C4

1 - 20 of 32 Posts