MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new owner of an M&P40c! Man is this baby fun! I love my full size 9 but I can't wait to get out and shoot! Since know the M&P and shoot the full size in IDPA and PPC i thought the best gun to carry to inner city Detroit would be the same model gun in a bigger punch. Can't wait to get the 357 barrel.

Some questions though. I would like a comfortable ITWB holster to wear with professional attire. Also, if people have some good defensive handload recipes that would be much appreciated.

Also, I was considering having it media blasted by dan. Bad choice for a CCW gun? My thought is that it would look sweet and might hide better under a white shirt if necessary. If this is stupid I can take the heat!

·
Registered
910 Posts
For IWB holsters check out the offerings from Comptac. I prefer their CTAC myself. K&D also makes some very nice IWB holsters such as the Cochise Defenders. Very comfy from what everyone says. I'd get a few myself, but they have a decent wait time - and I'm not a big fan of waiting around.

Media blast isn't bad in my opinion for a carry gun. And I agree it would conceal better through a thinner white shirt. I have an M&P that I carry that is done in teflon nickel, and another one getting done up with polished hard chrome. Both are fine for ccw.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
cmdbass said:
Proud new owner of an M&P40c! Man is this baby fun! I love my full size 9 but I can't wait to get out and shoot! Since know the M&P and shoot the full size in IDPA and PPC i thought the best gun to carry to inner city Detroit would be the same model gun in a bigger punch. Can't wait to get the 357 barrel.
The .357 Sig will not give you bigger punch.

I would like a comfortable ITWB holster to wear with professional attire.
I like CTACs and have them for all my carry guns.

Also, I was considering having it media blasted by dan. Bad choice for a CCW gun?
Not necessarily. Media blast gray is not like shiny, reflective chrome or nickel which is considered by many to be a bad choice for CCW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts