MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Holster?

I have been considering the M&P 2.0 .45 ACP Compact for a few months. I have rented one and I like how it shoots. I find it has a more natural point of aim like my 1911s. My problem has been finding a holster for it. I can't seem to find anyone who makes an IWB or OWB holster for the .45 Compact. Does anyone know if it will fit 1.0 holsters or who might make a 2.0 holster? Thank you. :yes

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have been considering the M&P 2.0 .45 ACP Compact for a few months. I have rented one and I like how it shoots. I find it has a more natural point of aim like my 1911s. My problem has been finding a holster for it. I can't seem to find anyone who makes an IWB or OWB holster for the .45 Compact. Does anyone know if it will fit 1.0 holsters or who might make a 2.0 holster? Thank you. :yes
I use an IWB holster from justholsterit.com for my M&P45 2.0 Compact.

I have other IWB holsters from them, and like their products.

Thank you for your service. My son has enlisted in the USMC and heads to Basic in January. He has selected Combat Engineer as his MOS.

· Registered
25 Posts
I use an IWB holster from justholsterit.com for my M&P45 2.0 Compact.

I have other IWB holsters from them, and like their products.

Thank you for your service. My son has enlisted in the USMC and heads to Basic in January. He has selected Combat Engineer as his MOS.
Thank you for the reply Sir, I will check them out. Please tell your son Semper Fi for me and thank him for his service. Combat Engineer 1371 is a good MOS, they saved our butts numerous times while deployed by removing mines and numerous obstacles.

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you for the reply Sir, I will check them out. Please tell your son Semper Fi for me and thank him for his service. Combat Engineer 1371 is a good MOS, they saved our butts numerous times while deployed by removing mines and numerous obstacles.
Will do - thanks.

Hoping that removing mines or IEDs isn't going to be part of his job.

· Registered
47 Posts
The front cocking serrations orignated on the .45 M&P 1.0, all versions.The 1.0 iteration has much larger and useful serrations. I was hoping that the style would carry over to the 2.0 45's but perhaps the slide re-design negated that. It is a nice style feature if nothing else.

BTW, I have an original M&P 45 and am still hunting for a 45c. They seem to be rare in my neck of the woods.

· Registered
853 Posts
Unusual thread. The "old guys" that were involved in it 4 or 5 years ago are still here and responding. I like it.

I've got a 2.0 .45 acp Compact. Don't know if it's true for all of them (holsters) or not but mine fits right in the Safariland holster I use for my M&P 1.0 PC 9MM. Fits like it was made for it.

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
Decided the white was just too hard to see, so I dropped some neon orange paint into dots on the sights for better visibilty -

View attachment 20374
I like the looks of those red dot sights...
Have a couple I am going to try something similar on...
Thinking Red/Orange Up Front & something else different in the rear, Possibly Green??? Or Black the rear out Totally.
Toothpick & some paint + cleanup with Acetone & a Q-Tip...
OOO OOO
👆 👀

· Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I like the looks of those red dot sights...
Have a couple I am going to try something similar on...
Thinking Red/Orange Up Front & something else different in the rear, Possibly Green??? Or Black the rear out Totally.
Toothpick & some paint + cleanup with Acetone & a Q-Tip...
OOO OOO
👆 👀
Give it a shot.

I cleaned the white dots with denatured alcohol and a toothbrush, then wiped them with a Q-Tip.

For painting, I used a toothpick with the point cut off but still tapered somewhat, and dipped it in the paint enough to get it almost ready to drip.

Got to be steady and be able to see what you are doing real well, as you need to really nail the center the first try to get a sharp line around the outside.

My photo flared the orange into the black, but it's actually a sharp line.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts