·
Registered
323 Posts
NOW THATS NICE!!!!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I suspected, looks like S&W will use the internal lock hole for the external safety (at least the way it looks in pics). If this is the case, it looks to be an easy retrofit on the non external safety models. It looks kind of narrow though, but I guess we will see when it is out.

Not sure if the flash affected the color, but would LOVE an M&P in Coyote Brown or Tan. Like the forward cocking serrations and the gun looks to be about .25-.5" longer.

Looks like they answered the call for a pistol lanyard hole with a new take down lever...if one would just be made of metal with an integral mag well.....

Also the grips on that model look rougher. A threaded barrel is always nice, especially if you have stuff to throw on it.

The .40C is shown so it does exist!

Goin back to study the pics some more...screw my grad school finals! :twisted:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I hope the offer it without the thumb safety as an option. Either way it looks nice. I hope the grip is as small as everyone says it could be.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That thumb safety isn't located where the internal lock hole is. Too bad they didn't utilize that hole for the thumb safety. It would have been nice to be able to retrofit an older gun. I don't care for the front cocking serrations. I hope that they don't use them on the production gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the manual safety and the front slide serrations. Looks like a stone cold winner to this shooter! I will buy.

Out West

·
Registered
373 Posts
Okay, will the gun with the thumb safety be "cocked and locked (cocked striker instead of hammer)" capable or will it be an standard MP trigger with a safety? If not, I'll stick with an M&P OR a 1911, but not both in the same holster.

Hey, yall catch the lanyard on the supressed gun? It looks like it's tied to the pin you turn to change grip panels. I don't know if that is a good idea or not.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That .45 is just like the one I saw and handled that Ernest Langdon has except his had a black frame but also without the frame texturing and not slide markings at all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That looks sweeeeeet!!!!!! I hate the color. I would love to see it in all black or OD green. the manual safety looks great but it doesn't look like I will deal to put one on my M&P9.
I would like to see a manual safety on the M&P9 and 40. If I have to I will sell my M&P9 and get one with a manual safety. I like having a safety if it is available.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the look of the front serrations. I like the frame color. I wouldn't mind seeing the slide in the same color. I love the way S&W seems to be constantly improving their product, it kind of makes me think that they are actually listening to the end users of their products.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Cant wait for these (M&P45) to hit the stores!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts