MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today with my new .45, and got to say that this one of the finest .45s I've ever owned. I reload all my ammo; .40s&w(G22),9mm,(XD9), and now .45acp for my M&P.

For the first range visit I really can't complain, other than the 5-6 FTFs I experienced, which were the ammo's fault; not the gun. I had loaded 100rds. of 200gr. LRNFP, and I'm not a big fan of that bullet style. Because of the flat point, and I may need to increase the OAL a bit, I had a few FTFs. Other than the feeding issues, it fits my hand great, shoots awesome. The trigger is something I'll have to get used to. I plan on going with a round nose bullet in the future, and plan on running a box of factory ammo through it next chance I get.

All in all I was real impressed with the M&P, and this sight. Hope to learn alot.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome, MW. How hot is it at Polk? I did JRTC there in August of '97, and my unit was miserable. We were stationed at Ft. Richardson, AK., so it was quite a change in weather!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
PLEASE dont tell me a 101st guy??? if not where in TN.. JRTC from AK. WOW I though it sucked from Campbell to ft Polk... Welcome enjoy the site...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warren,Co. It's middle, TN. I shoot weekly at the Viola Valley Shooting Range.

I was a 63B with the 21st Signal Co.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
PLEASE dont tell me a 101st guy???

What's wrong with that?!

Welcome to the board SR. I haven't run anything but plain old FMJ through my M&P9c yet, but having used JHP, SWC, FN, and FMJ in my Sig P220 I didn't notice any differences in functioning. It only the SWC were reloads (got them from another shooter) and they fed like champs but shot extremely dirty and smoky.

I hope you enjoy your new M&P as much as I have

1 - 11 of 11 Posts