MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it! I bought my first handgun and I'm glad it's an M&P9. It's a new MPE Revision N.

I had a chance to shoot 77 rounds through it last night. I've tried to post some pictures below. The first two are 10 rounds and the last one is 17 rounds. It looks more impressive than it really is. I was only about 5-7 yards away. I figured that was fine since defensive situations are very short distances.

I was using WWB 9mm 115gr FMJ. As I was shooting I was thinking how good it felt shooting the M&P compared to the others I've tried and how I hoped it was a good purchase and reliable when I had a failure to eject. It was round #48. I was loading 10 rounds in the mags and it was round 8. The casing pulled out only a couple millimeters. That was disappointing and I don't know what to make of it. If that happens again, what should I do to correct it?

I'm still happy and this is a great forum.

Kevrin

[/img]

·
Registered
41 Posts
i had a few issues when i first got my with my 9fs. but no problems lately. i chalk it up to bad grip for a gun newby like myself. my wife gets a few fte every once in a while. thats because she is still learning how to grip the gun as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've heard of another person who had issues using WWB ammo while firing his M&P9. With other ammo, he had no problems. It's probably the WWB ammo, which I believe is underpowered.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on getting a couple hundred rounds through it over the next two weeks. Then I'll be at Front Sight NV for a 5 day armed citizen corps defensive handgun and CCW course. I'll go through about 800 rounds in 4 days. I understand that a lot of Glocks go through there so I want my M&P to perform well.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congrats on the M&P and nice looking group! I have no advice for you on the FTE except keep shooting and if it does it again contact S&W. Their customer service is (from what I can tell, no reason to use em yet myself) second to none. Most folks here recommend 500 to 1000 rounds thru it to get everything smoothed out. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
673 Posts
AcenJay said:
I've heard of another person who had issues using WWB ammo while firing his M&P9. With other ammo, he had no problems. It's probably the WWB ammo, which I believe is underpowered.

What Feet/s do the WWB run at? I would like to know the min load feet/s for reloading? If the WWB have issues then anything above that should be ok??? Yes? :? I also understand that there are other issues but just a starting piont.

Thanks

PS: I'll post this in the reloading section?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts