MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just shoot my new pistol and was very pleased on the result. the trigger is smooth compared to my glock. Had a more traditional feel and smoother reset. I was skeptical about how it would stack up against Glock...I like the M&P! Better grip and pointability than Glock 26......

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome to the site rocket! Where are your pics?!?!?! I guess I can't razz you too hard. It took me almost 6 months to post some pics! BTW Great choice! I love my 9c. Just got the x-grip extenders to allow it to fit a full size mag without a big gap at the bottom. In the words of Hannah Montana "You get the best of both Worlds" Full size and compact!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get made fun of for the Hannah Montana quote.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep, it's definitely a keeper and while I've never owned a Glock, so I can't really compare the two, I have shot a Glock 26 and and let's just say....I LOVE my M&P 9C.

Enjoy your new great 'little' pistol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I experienced the same in switching to M&P. I used to own and shoot only Glocks. I traded a G26 for my M&P9c and loved it from day 1, best trade I ever made. I since bought a 40c, but traded it for a Kimber, though I plan on buying one again or a 45c instead, just haven't made up my mind. Ever since I fired my first M&P my daily carry has changed with never a look back. I also added a Crimston Trace grip for even faster target acquisition and round destination certainty.

·
Registered
172 Posts
just shoot my new pistol and was very pleased on the result. the trigger is smooth compared to my glock. Had a more traditional feel and smoother reset. I was skeptical about how it would stack up against Glock...I like the M&P! Better grip and pointability than Glock 26......

I, too, have a new M&P 9c and have encountered something you (and possibly others) have experienced. The area of the polymer chassis just below the trigger guard is particularly rough and sharp; so much so that it feels like it's cutting into my middle finger. Does anyone know a safe way to smooth that down a little? I also own a full-size M&P and haven't noticed it being that rough or sharp.

Reactions: a73elkyss

·
Registered
589 Posts
Put me down as another person who prefers the M&P trigger over his Glocks. It lacks that "sproing" break that causes me (and a lot of others) to shoot ever-so-slightly to the left. Now if I could just fine someone that wants to trade a 23/27 combo for a M&P40 combo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same here. Love my M&P—-Feels good, very accurate no complaints whatsoever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love my M&Pc in 9 however the trigger sucked. I replaced it with the Apex and never looked back. Fantastic shooter and eats everything you run through it. I have a full sized M&P so I have plenty of full sized mags that will fit it as well as holsters. Can't say enough good about it...

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I, too, have a new M&P 9c and have encountered something you (and possibly others) have experienced. The area of the polymer chassis just below the trigger guard is particularly rough and sharp; so much so that it feels like it's cutting into my middle finger. Does anyone know a safe way to smooth that down a little? I also own a full-size M&P and haven't noticed it being that rough or sharp.
I know this is a necropost, but:
Steal one of your wife’s emery boards (disposable finger nail files)…

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is a necropost, but:
Steal one of your wife’s emery boards (disposable finger nail files)…
Same here. If I'm on a range visit with my 9C, I wrap my middle finger with some stretchable first aid tape. I've also taken some emery cloth, wrapped it around a dowel and smoothed it out the underside of the trigger guard. Not a lot of "meat" there, so I'm kinda cautious about going deeper into it. I've had David Bowie Tatical work on my new to me HK P30SK smoothing out the inside of the trigger guard. Came out great, looks factory, and I'm happy with it. Mr. Bowie is a one man shop, so the turn around time can get long depending on his workload. Here is his Price list You have to add "One Day shipping" back and forth. That part can get pricey, but his work is stellar.

I don't have the talent to Dremel it or be more aggressive than using the emery cloth on the 9C. It is my EDC and I shoot it well, so I don't want to screw it up.

Jay

Reactions: Rick M
1 - 16 of 16 Posts