MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to do it this way guys but I am in Georgia right now so I can't get them to this site. I have pictures of my new M&Pc 9 on the M&P page of my web site. It has a "L" trigger job, heavy contour, Fully stippled grip, stippled trigger guard, stippled thumb rests, the feed and ramp and chamber are mirror polished, the grip tool has been radiused on the mag well side for a better reload and the extractor has been pulled and checked for any tooling mark problems and the slide, extractor and levers have been refinished in coyote tan. I hope you like. www.bowietacticalconcepts.com. CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
WOW!!!

Very, very nice

What's the deal with the extractor? What have you found in the past with the tooling mark problems and do you think these could contribute to the FTE issues some are having?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Do you just pound the extractor pin out with a punch? I have heard that pin is really, really hard to get out, so I have not attempted it yet.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if tooling has anything to do with any fte's or not I just like to check things out good. I do just punch out the pins but they are very very very ...... hard to get out. I don't like to blast and refinish parts with out the gun being apart. Leaving some of that oxide in there possibly worries me. Maybe I am paranoid but I feel better knowing what I am putting into customer's hands. I then do some fitting and replace the pin. I know S&W says don't even try to get them out but they don't build custom guns they build guns for the normal person and agency. They have tested the extractor and found it to be all but bullet proof so they don't feel it will need to come out. And they have tested this puppy alot. I believe it. It is a big heavy duty piece.

Nikon777 the pictures of the compact are at the top of the M&P page. One shows the left side of the gun the other shows a view from the front left showing the heavy muzzle contour. CHECK 360 David

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it's not close to gray. It is just the photo's lighting makes it look like that. It is a very true tan. CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Do you just mount the slide in a vise and punch the pin out?

What size/kind of punch do you use?

I have a 20 ton hydraulic press. I was thinking about trying to press the pin out.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be carefull. It is in there real tight. I do not use a vice. I don't want to clamp the slide that hard. No need to do a slide to frame fitting. Punch size is 1/6 inch. That is part of the problem a small punch. Use a starter.

CHECK 360

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts