MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Did you ask if they were going to be available in pink? I think I could get my wife warmed up to a compact if it were pink.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'd love to see is something in between. A 3-3/4 to 4" barreled .45 with a grip no more than 3/8" longer than the 9c that holds 8rds and comes with a spare 10rd extended magazine that brings the grip up to near full size.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I was bummed when he mentioned that there was NO mention to a 5" pro series in M&P.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I had heard of the 4" .45 - I guess we can talk about it now. :wink:

There is a possibility this could be my new carry gun.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
choochboost said:
I had heard of the 4" .45 - I guess we can talk about it now. :wink:

There is a possibility this could be my new carry gun.
I don't see the advantage of the 1/2" shorter barrel without a substantially shorter grip.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yeah, that's true. I like my modded grip length on my compact. Of course this new 4" would have to be CA approved as well, but that shouldn't be too hard as it looks like S&W has been pretty diligent about that.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I stuck my 45 in the MTAC that I bought for my upcoming 9c just to see how it would fit and the only thing the barrel length effected was comfort. With a slightly shorter grip and no beavertail it would have all but disappeared. I'll hold out for the compact version. Hopefully with thumb safety.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Compact

How much smaller can they go on the compact and make it effective accuracy wise...? I'm afraid anything under the current barrel size will cut the accuracy way, way down...

·
Registered
559 Posts
All - I just held my M&P .45 against my Commander. The only difference in size is about 1/2" in length, including a Pachmayr base pad on the Commander's mag; the M&P *is* thicker. A shorter barrel/slide would make a nice gun, but it wouldn't make it that much easier to conceal. The grip would have to be shorter for better concealment.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: Compact

zorro said:
How much smaller can they go on the compact and make it effective accuracy wise...? I'm afraid anything under the current barrel size will cut the accuracy way, way down...

My 642 with 1.875" barrel is capable of outstanding accuracy.

I believe handgun accuracy usually has more to do with the person behind the barrel, and not the length of the barrel.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Re: Compact

YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='zorro']How much smaller can they go on the compact and make it effective accuracy wise...? I'm afraid anything under the current barrel size will cut the accuracy way, way down...

My 642 with 1.875" barrel is capable of outstanding accuracy.

I believe handgun accuracy usually has more to do with the person behind the barrel, and not the length of the barrel.[/quote]

Oh -Oh - I'm definitely in big trouble then -

·
Registered
106 Posts
yes, my wish came true...now, i wish it was mid 2008... :roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts