MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my latest try at a mag carrier...

I have some bugs to work out in the process, but I like the overall design. Individually adjustable for retention, very stable on the belt and quick & easy to put on and remove.

I know that I have seen some similar to this, but I have no idea where. If anyone knows post a link or a pic or something.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll take one please. It looks like you are doing a pretty nice job on these. I think you need a beta tester

Ron

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to make an emergency last minute trip to VA for a few days. I will not have internet access.

I realize after looking at this post that these pics aren't the greatest. I ll get some better ones up when I get back.

This is an integral belt clip. the cant is not adjustable, but can be customized (to some degree) when fabricated.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Nice...I like the effort you're putting into these. They look similar to Hoffners.

I couldn't tell from the pics...is there any way clothing (or anything else) could possibly get snagged on the first round? Does the kydex come around enough to protect against that? Just a thought.

Is the screw a true retention screw, or do they just fasten the mags in place?

And you're going to kill me for saying this...but aren't they backwards?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
choochboost said:
I couldn't tell from the pics...is there any way clothing (or anything else) could possibly get snagged on the first round? Does the kydex come around enough to protect against that? Just a thought.

Is the screw a true retention screw, or do they just fasten the mags in place?

And you're going to kill me for saying this...but aren't they backwards?

The kydex at the bottom doesn't completely cover the round but I don't believe it could snag. The round definitely cannot be ejected from the mag.

The screw doesn't actually hold the mag but adjusts the tension on the mag. Retention is friction.

Yes they are bacward from what most people would want. But them I'm pretty basackward myself! This way just works for me.

They can be made either way.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Besides the bullets going the wrong way, Being a fan of if the round pops out it will stay in the mag pouch, I'd have to pass.

Side note, IDPA not legal, USPSA Not production legal, and not fast enough for limited/open classes.

Letting you know, your work has came along way, and am very impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts