MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research on this great forum, I decided to go ahead and pick up an M&P 9 today. I opted for the one without the mag safety (don't really see the point in it for me).

I've been looking for a good pistol to shoot in SSP for IDPA, and I think I might have found it in the M&P. I've been shooting IDPA for a little over a year in the ESP/SS division using an XD-9 Tactical which I absolutely love to shoot, but since it's a Single Action pistol, it won't work for SSP. Most everyone that I know that shoots in SSP in IDPA shoots a Glock, but I just don't want one. I don't necessarily have anything against them, but I just don't like them personally. I picked up a Sig P226 a couple of months ago to try out in SSP, but after shooting it a couple of times, I decided that I would not be fast enough with it to compete. I'm sure I could eventually get better with it, but I didn't want to have to "learn all over again" with such a different style of gun.

So Saturday, I stopped by my local gun shop, and took another hard look at these M&P's. They fit my hand so well, and point so naturally, and since they were $30 cheaper than a Glock AND they have the deal with the free range bag and 2 free mags, it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

I can't wait until the 14th when I can give it a try in a local IDPA match. My first indications with it are that I'm going to love it.

Thanks for the great information on this forum.

Mike W.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the new M&P9.

I shot my first ever IDPA match today with my new M&P9 and had a really nice time. The gun only has about 300 rounds thru it and so far I have not experienced a single malfunction of any kind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I took the M&P out to the range today for its first IDPA match, and it was awesome. I never thought I'd find a pistol that I liked anywhere near as much as I do my XD's, but this might just be it. :wink:

The stages they had setup for us today was a perfect workout to test out a new one- targets were all different distances from 1 yd out to 35 yds - and the M&P didn't disappoint at all. At first I wished I had taken it to the range before a match to see how it shot, but after shooting the first stage, I realized that wasn't necessary.

Anyway, can't wait until next weekend for the next IDPA match at the other range here in town. 8)

Mike W.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
welcome to the site its good to know that we still have some people that dont favor a glock
no pun intended

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts