MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Goose here...
It's nice to finally be able to buy my first gun.
Hours, and hours of YouTube research, learning about the best guys out there like hickok45, and Paul Harrell, just to name two guys anybody could learn a lot from. There are some other notorious guys in the art of gun handling and accuracy lessons one can also learn a lot from.

Anyway, my first question was, why do I need a gun for?
Well, if there was ever a right time to own one, it's now.
Personal defense, if the situation ever arose, but I wanted a gun for woods protection, go hiking, prospecting, and just be out there with nature, I'm not a hunter or anything like that, but I'm aware of the dangers of being in the woods, and there could be a situation where my Bear Spray may not be enough at a fighting chance to protect my life.
So, I settled for a S&W M&P 40 2.0 4.25" barrel 15+1.
I've ordered some Doubletap 200gr WFNGC ammo and some Underwood 200gr and 180gr Full Metal Jacket I intent to practice a lot with and choose the one I'm going to trust my life with.
Bear in mind that I'm in Colorado, and we see a lot of mountain lions and black bears, some coyotes but I'm not too worried about them.

Not sure if I'll ever go out to Montana or to Yellowstone National Park, places that I have future plans to visit later, as I have a friend who recently built a cabin in Montana, and hopefully he has some bigger guns to go out in the woods, for which I will have at least a Glock 10mm hard cast bullets with me.

Besides my 4.25" I have another M&P 2.0 3.6" in order for backup readily accessible for when things can go wrong.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to have a blast shooting this Summer.
Another thing I'm going to be getting is a chrono to test the velocity of the 180-200gr bullets, cycle reliability and see which ones I will be happy with.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central Maine!

(I'm assuming here so bear with me) Hardcast bullets in a polygonally rifled Glock? That might not work so good from what I've run across. Research it for yourself. But put a conventionally rifled replacement barrel in it and it's good to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hikock45 Is always in my YouTube feed. Love his channel. Check out louder with Crowder hickock45 impression it’s hilarious and he’s a big fan as well

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum from central Maine!

(I'm assuming here so bear with me) Hardcast bullets in a polygonally rifled Glock? That might not work so good from what I've run across. Research it for yourself. But put a conventionally rifled replacement barrel in it and it's good to go.
I haven't gotten to the point of buying a Glock yet, buy if I do, I'll definitely go with a KKM barrel or lone wolf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts