MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. Waffenmeister here. New to forum, however a veteran at firearms. Just picked up my FIRST EVER Smith & Wesson Friday night. After reading nearly every post on this forum over the past week or so (as I do for nearly everything I contemplate purchasing anymore and for the knowledge I can download into my cranial computer), I decided to give the new M&P a go. I went up to one of my favorite places, "The Best Gun Shop In Tennessee", in Greenbriar and lo and behold, a sale was in progress. $20 off every S&W. On top of this, the S&W factory rep was there as well. Things were looking good. After talking to this gentleman for nearly an hour, I was sold on every aspect of the new M&P. I learned way too much information to begin to list it all here, so suffice it to say, I walked away with a new M&P.40. A second first, as I've never owned a .40 cal, either. Also got a nice S&W hat to boot. I found the free range bag offer on here as well, so I now have that on the way. And don't forget the sticker promo S&W is doing. Life is good. I've owned quite a plethora of firearms over the years, my first real firearm being a Harrington & Richardson .410 gauge shotgun at the tender ager of 4. (I Love my Dad! Mom too for never objecting, always supporting!!) I've owned at one time or another nearly every brand on the market over the years. I'm 34 this year, so I give myself a good 30 years worth of firearm knowledge and ownership. YES, I am a gun-nut, and proud of it!!! Yet a RESPONSIBLE one. So to sum this up, and to keep from rambling, as I could easily talk guns for hours, I'll close with saying this new M&P series looks to be a great new addition to the firearm world and a GRRRREEEAATT addition to my firearm collection. Love the forum, keep up the good work!!!

Regards, WM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kahr P45

Savage 10FP w/20" BBl

Glock 32

Vector V53

Bobcat BW89

UZI Pistol - Sold

Etc, Etc, Etc.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TNGunOwners dot com

Am in the process of checking it out and signing up as we speak. Looks good!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
M&P Purchase

Well at present my "pocket rocket" is a Kahr P45, so I opted for the full size. But I'm contemplating a compact also, as well as the M&P "AR"15. Although I'm seriously considering an LWRC - SRT. I traded out my Busmaster and I'd like to have another. The S&W rep. told me that after mid April, the S&W M&P "AR" 15 would be made TOTALLY in-house by S&W. I sure hope that remains the case. But I really do like the LWRC due to the gas piston design. Not sure, I'll really need to search myself for the answer to this...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome, Waffenmeister! I too am a member over at TnGunOwners.com, I'm sure we will communicate over there as well. This is a good site, lots of knowledgeable folks. I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: M&P Purchase

Waffenmeister said:
Well at present my "pocket rocket" is a Kahr P45, so I opted for the full size. But I'm contemplating a compact also, as well as the M&P "AR"15. Although I'm seriously considering an LWRC - SRT. I traded out my Busmaster and I'd like to have another. The S&W rep. told me that after mid April, the S&W M&P "AR" 15 would be made TOTALLY in-house by S&W. I sure hope that remains the case. But I really do like the LWRC due to the gas piston design. Not sure, I'll really need to search myself for the answer to this...

That LWRC is a fine looking rifle. I've got a Bushmaster M4 clone that I've owned for a few years now and have enjoyed thoroughly, but I've found myself considering replacing it for a similar rifle chambered in true 5.56 NATO rather than .223 Remington. That way I can shoot both, whichever is cheaper.

Smith & Wesson's M&P15T looks like a good possible candidate were I to do it.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts