MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!!!

Well, maybe everyone is shocked that anyone in California could still purchase a gun these days, especially in Los Angeles since there are all of about 2 gun shops left out here, but I did. Of course, its the stupid low capacity 10 round magazine that Cali requires, but I guess 10 is better than 0.

Just purchased my first ever gun, an M&P 9mm. I love this thing already. I tested out a wide variety of 9mm's... Glocks, Brownings, Barettas, XD, Springfields, etc... but the M&P just felt far superior in my hands. I also tested out other calibers such as .38 and .40, but felt that for my first gun the 9mm would be the best choice.

Ive gone to the range twice so far, and my accuracy sucks. But I plan on going back every other weekend to continue improving my skills.

I'm looking to purchase accessories, but I dont know where to start. I want either a scope or a laser sight, (or both, if thats even possible?). Other then that, I need a holster. What other items would anyone recommend? All suggestions are most welcomed.

I'm very excited on my first purchase, and I look forward to fine tuning my skills!

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I assume you won't be carrying it since you live in LA so I'd just get a cheap OWB holster like the Blade-tech Revolution.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan to get my CCW permit... if thats even still possible considering how strict the laws are around here (its totally discretionary by the Sheriff / Police Dept). But not until I become more proficient with the firearm.

A fairly inexpensive holster will be just fine for now, thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new MP9!! Now, dont let Morgan or Josh talk you into buying anything, they will have you bankrupt in a heartbeat

Enjoy, and just keep practicing it all falls into place :wink:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
finalfusion said:
Welcome and congrats on your new MP9!! Now, dont let Morgan or Josh talk you into buying anything, they will have you bankrupt in a heartbeat

LMAO +1 on Morgan and Josh, Morgan is still on my wifes hate list
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

tigs40cal said:
[quote name='finalfusion']Welcome and congrats on your new MP9!! Now, dont let Morgan or Josh talk you into buying anything, they will have you bankrupt in a heartbeat

LMAO +1 on Morgan and Josh, Morgan is still on my wifes hate list
Welcome to the site[/quote]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts